Talk

Advanced search

Eco cleaning products, anyone use?

(14 Posts)
Ofelia11 Sat 27-Aug-16 16:30:53

Hi all
I'm moving to Eco cleaning products mainly as my skin is getting so dry from bleach etc and my youngest has bad eczema. I've seen Method brand and Ecover.

Just wondered if anyone used these or others and where best to buy?.

Thanks x

DoreenLethal Sat 27-Aug-16 16:34:10

Yes. I use Splosh. It's online so you buy the refills rather than the container each time.

Hanae Sat 27-Aug-16 16:45:46

I use ecover all purpose cleaner This cleaner gets through most grease and grime. Can also be used on floors and ties, a good all round cleaner.

GastricBandit Sat 27-Aug-16 16:47:14

We use Bio D and get form Amazon . You can buy refills so it is much cheaper and no more eczema .

tshirtsuntan Sat 27-Aug-16 16:47:33

I've liked all the method products I've tried, they smell amazing, clean really well and are often on 3 for 2 in tesco.

specialsubject Sun 28-Aug-16 14:46:29

A bottle of jif, a bottle of white vinegar, a limescale remover, an antibac spray for occasional use, a bottle of washing up liquid - thats it. You dont need bleach except for mould removal.

Watch for greenwash, one of the brands mentioned is a shocker for that.

ArnoldRimmerBSc Sun 28-Aug-16 21:00:29

Specialsubject - which brand is green washing? I really hope it isn't Method or Attitude as I use those a lot.

specialsubject Sun 28-Aug-16 22:06:07

Dont want to break house rules - but when ingredients are very similar to mainstream products, prices much higher and bottles still plastic, i dont like it.

specialsubject Sun 28-Aug-16 22:06:45

And why have perfume, for instance?

rabbit123 Mon 29-Aug-16 21:45:37

Have a look on biggreensmile.com. They have a full range of Eco cleaning products. They often have sales and offers on. Today they had a flash sale - 25% off ever ting today only.

We tried some on the recommendation of Eco cleaning blog on Facebook.

sentia Mon 29-Aug-16 21:49:10

We use sonett products, and also things like vinegar and bicarb. Summer-naturals have vinegar for cleaning that is cheaper than the supermarket.

PitchFork Mon 29-Aug-16 21:49:48

we use ecover.
I know they are a bit controversial but they wirk well and I applaud a company exploring other ethical and ecological avenues.

PitchFork Mon 29-Aug-16 21:51:48

and generally using less products which is the most ecological.

Afishcalledchips Mon 29-Aug-16 21:56:33

I buy 5 litre bottles of eco laundry detergent/washing up liquid online, I would buy larger ones but we don't have the storage at the moment.

Ecos, BioD and Ecoleaf are decent brands. Faith in nature have lovely smells.

Method smells great, the floor cleaners are good but I feel like the sprays are too soapy and therefore leave residue.

Ecover is okay, their cream cleaner for example is good, as is the laundry detergent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now