Talk

Advanced search

Moving fridge to clean behind it

(4 Posts)
EyepatchOfTravis Wed 24-Aug-16 20:15:47

My DF came round today and helped me with some jobs. While he was here he moved my refridgerator so I could clean under/behind it. I always thought you were supposed to turn off a fridge and had to leave it to stand for a certain amount of time for chemicals to settle etc, so I'd been putting the job off. He said no I didn't if you're just dragging it a short distance, he does it all the time at home - so he didn't unplug it, just dragged it forward and to the side. It wasn't lifted and was upright the whole time. He pushed it back in after and I've continued to use it. Feeling a bit nervous about it now - is this OK to do?

GlitteryFluff Wed 24-Aug-16 20:18:50

Yes that's fine IMO. It's when it's been tipped or turned on its side to move that it needs to rest for a while after.

EyepatchOfTravis Wed 24-Aug-16 21:54:42

Thank you smile

KylieJo Thu 25-Aug-16 08:07:01

There is nothing wrong with that, as long as it's short distance. Turning it off is a lot of hassle anyway and I would recommend you avoid it when possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now