Talk

Advanced search

Give me your best Zoflora ideas...

(31 Posts)
lostinabook Sat 20-Aug-16 14:45:34

So after seeing it in here for ages I cracked and ordered some Zoflora (linen fresh one) give me your best uses and tips for it please!

HonkHonkNose Sat 20-Aug-16 14:50:26

I put some in the hot water when I mop up, makes the house smell lovely.

legotits Sat 20-Aug-16 15:00:05

Don't be tempted in the dishwasher, it can taint.

Love it for laundry though and especially feather duvets or pillows that can take a bit longer to dry.

Pedestal mats.
Door mats that go in the machine.
Wiping upvc or silicone sealant (on a cloth wipe door frames or window frames and the fragrance lasts) and the most useful.......

Wheeley bin!

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 20-Aug-16 15:01:20

Use it outside only, too pongy for indoors.

ayeokthen Sat 20-Aug-16 15:02:39

It's great for getting rid of bubbles in the bath or the kitchen sink. I put it in the mop bucket too, and use it for cleaning kitchen work tops and the bathroom.

Zippidydoodah Sun 21-Aug-16 09:03:26

It's amazing diluted in warm water as per instructions, and used with a microfibre cloth to clean high gloss kitchen units!

I do put a little in my steam mop- hasn't damaged the mop yet.....hopefully it won't!! I remember reading on here not to put it in a Miele vacuum as it gives people electric shocks?!

FusionChefGeoff Sun 21-Aug-16 09:18:40

Capful in the wash with stinky gym kit
I put mine on my Dyson filter so freshens as I vacuum but bit scared now I've read about electric shocks above!
Good for cleaning potentially smelly spills eg milk / bodily fluids

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 21-Aug-16 09:28:19

Oh, I'd forgotten about the steam mop experience - it killed my Karcher.

It's a really convenient product, I just wish they made an unfragranced one. I use it on laundry occasionally but it has to go out and blow on the line for a whole day to make the smell go away.

stripeyzebra32 Sun 21-Aug-16 09:33:48

I use it in the steam mop too. And use it on the hard floors and carpets.

Also steam clean the toilets with it.

I put a capful in the washing machine with gym kit and H work clothes as he works in a dusty environment and his work clothes stink.

I use it on a cotton wool pad and pop it in the dyson.

When I strip the bedding I also steam clean the mattress and duvet covers with it.

Also smells lovely on the worktops.

legotits Sun 21-Aug-16 14:06:08

It rotted the seals on a cheap steam mop we had too.

No idea if it still does or a better mop would have better seals but I just spray and steam now.

lostinabook Sun 21-Aug-16 18:04:44

Thanks!

dementedpixie Sun 21-Aug-16 18:10:49

www.zoflora.co.uk/usage-and-tips/where-to-use-zoflora

wobblywonderwoman Sun 21-Aug-16 18:12:51

I dilute it in a spray bottle for general cleaning.

Couple of drops down the toilet at night. Wake up to a lovely fresh smell.

rabbit123 Sun 21-Aug-16 23:56:10

Washing up liquid + 1/2 cap of zoflora makes a fantastic floor cleaner. Zoflora is a disinfectant, not a cleaner. There's no soap in it to lift dirt & grease so it needs to be mixed with a cleaning agent.

Also, those of you putting it in a steam mop are wasting time and money. The steam alone is more antibacterial than zoflora.

Zippidydoodah Mon 22-Aug-16 09:14:03

Rabbit- I only use it in the steam mop to make the place smell nice!

LabRats Mon 22-Aug-16 14:58:41

This has reminded me to stock up. Love this stuff. I soak my microfibre cloths in it, diluted. Also add it to my Vileda 12Spray mop with some Flash. Smells lovely.

P1nkP0ppy Tue 23-Aug-16 18:17:30

I put a couple of drops in the kitchen bin before putting in a bag and I use it to damp wipe instead of using polish.

WaitrosePigeon Tue 23-Aug-16 18:18:40

Few drops in kitchen bin, few drops on the rugs. In hot water to mop the floor.

coolpotato Thu 25-Aug-16 16:42:25

wipe down radiators with damp cloth and undiluted zoflora - when the radiators come on, the heat makes the room smell nice. Great at xmas time with the cinamon one!

ThisIslandGirl Thu 25-Aug-16 16:47:47

Ah some great suggestions here! Hope no one minds me slightly derailing the thread but which scent do people like the best?

coolpotato Thu 25-Aug-16 18:55:10

I like the clean linen one for in the washing machine and midnight garden (I think, dark blue one) which is Lang yang like for round the house.

Cheerybigbottom Thu 25-Aug-16 19:02:53

Oh I love zoflora! Been using it for years but yesterday bought rose fragrance for the first time. It smells so lovely.

Hate the winter spice fragrance though. Loving the extra usage ideas here as I just use it for general diluted cleaning.

coolpotato Thu 25-Aug-16 19:14:34

* ylang ylang!

OlennasWimple Thu 25-Aug-16 19:20:32

Um, what does Zoflora actually do?

dementedpixie Thu 25-Aug-16 19:22:25

It's a disinfectant that smells nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now