Putting hand wash dresses on delicate wash

(10 Posts)
Mcchickenbb41 Wed 10-Aug-16 06:56:40

I need to wash 2 beautiful little girls monsoon dresses. They have handstiched flowers on so they have hand wash only on the instructions. Would you put these in the machine ?

KP86 Wed 10-Aug-16 07:12:14

Put them in a pillow case, tie the top with a hair band and then wash in the machine.

On 30-40' max. I personally would choose cold.

Mcchickenbb41 Wed 10-Aug-16 07:33:15

Thanks kp I was thinking cold too. Just need to get one more wedding out of these dresses smile

Mcchickenbb41 Wed 10-Aug-16 07:34:37

Would you still do delicate wash even in a pillow case or opt for a normal. I can do a longer wash no temp on my machine.

wowfudge Wed 10-Aug-16 08:06:41

The pillowcase protects any decoration on the dresses. Still do a delicates wash at a low temp, or cold. If the machine has a hand wash programme I'd use that. Low spin speed too.

BluePitchFork Wed 10-Aug-16 08:10:05

yes, delicate cycle in a pillow case if there are fiddly bits.
tbh if items don't survive a wash then they don't have a place in my house.
dry clean only for children's clothes is just silly.

Mcchickenbb41 Wed 10-Aug-16 08:15:49

Thanku everyone trust me blue these are one offs ! I wish they were dry clean. I'm more worried about ironing them.

cutiegirl Wed 10-Aug-16 10:12:40

That's a good idea!

Skippedthelightfandango Wed 10-Aug-16 10:41:00

why not hand wash them?

Mcchickenbb41 Wed 10-Aug-16 11:23:29

Hi skipped. Whenever I hand wash which is virtually never as we don't normally have anything that delicate I never seem to be able to get the stains out I was also worried about wringing them out too much and affecting the flowers. Iv just got them out of the machine anyway. Put them in separate pillowcases with a colour catcher on delicate cycle with no temp. They look as good as new. Thanks all for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now