Talk

Advanced search

Clearing out - how to dispose of hundreds of DVDs please?

(8 Posts)
Craftycakey15 Sat 06-Aug-16 22:07:07

I'm heavily pregnant and moving house in a couple of weeks. We have a few hundred DVDs of my husband to give to charity. Does anyone know of any that will come and collect from our house please?

koalab Sat 06-Aug-16 22:11:09

I've had the British Heart Foundation collect from home before.
www.bhf.org.uk/shop/donating-goods/free-collection-of-clothes-books-and-more

DeathMetalMum Sat 06-Aug-16 22:13:40

You could use music magpie, not fast as you have to enter all the barcodes yourself, but you can arrange a courier to collect if you have over a certain amount.

CharleyDavidson Sat 06-Aug-16 22:14:56

If you do use music magpie, it's a lot quicker to scan the barcodes in using your phone/tablet than typing it in on a laptop.

FusionChefGeoff Sat 06-Aug-16 22:15:18

Music magpie is a great app - you scan the barcodes (takes seconds and you can do it in front of TV and pretend to play 'shop') and it tallies up a total. Then you print a postage label and take it to the post office. We got over £50 for a big stash - as my mum would say 'better than a kick in the teeth'!!

FusionChefGeoff Sat 06-Aug-16 22:16:01

X post!

The courier would be an even better idea.

CharleyDavidson Sat 06-Aug-16 22:46:08

You don't have to take it anywhere. You can leave it somewhere safe and they will send a courier to collect it.

We left the parcel under the cover of our boat on the driveway (far posher than it sounds!) and they collected it from there. So we didn't have to do anything apart from package it and tell them where to collect it from.

Craftycakey15 Sun 07-Aug-16 08:19:28

Thank you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now