Talk

Advanced search

Window Cleaning

(7 Posts)
MamaClueless Wed 03-Aug-16 06:33:07

I am not sure if it's someone doing black magic, but whenever I check my windows there will always be some dirt on it. I have got tired of cleaning them. I have searched on the net and found many window cleaning methods but I am not ready to try something unless I am sure it will work. Is there any sure shot window cleaning method that you do? Something that guarantees that the window stays clean for a few months? If yes, pleaseee share them here.

wowfudge Wed 03-Aug-16 06:58:38

Are you talking about dirt on the inside or outside? You can have windows coated to repel water and dirt, but I don't know the costs or how long it lasts. Afaik, nothing stays clean for months - inside there's dust and dirt in the air which settles on surfaces, this will be worse if you have woodburners or open fireplaces. You just have to clean them every few months! Hot water, a microfibre cloth and a cloth to dry off with are best ime.

Outside, traffic and trees can affect things - we have always had a window cleaner.

lauracobden Thu 04-Aug-16 07:15:14

Am a bit of clean freak myself and i get irate when i see dirt on my windows. I ended up getting one of these and it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. It makes cleaning the windows so much easier.

Missgraeme Thu 04-Aug-16 07:17:20

Karcher!!

MamMamMam Thu 04-Aug-16 16:35:17

Agree completely with the karcher suggestions. I wash mine first with car windscreen wash and hot water then dry off with the karcher. The windscreen wash seems to make them shine for longer that anything else I've tried

woodhill Sat 06-Aug-16 17:43:40

Karcher is so good. Use it for shower and glass fronted cupboards

mariesmith Sat 06-Aug-16 20:26:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now