Talk

Advanced search

If you have hard floors and no carpets do you still vacuum?

(13 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Sat 30-Jul-16 17:11:29

Or do you sweep and mop instead?.

AChickenNamedDirk Sat 30-Jul-16 17:15:04

Always hoover. Sometimes just sweep when I can be arsed to get Hoover out but not the same.

KP86 Sat 30-Jul-16 17:20:28

We have a cordless vac that always lives in the kitchen so I use that. So much faster than sweeping than picking it up.

ThumbWitchesAbroad Sat 30-Jul-16 17:21:27

Yes. I do have a mix of bare boards and rugs/carpets (carpets in the bedrooms, a couple of big rugs elsewhere but bare boards everywhere else)

Vacuum it all. Do also sweep in the kitchen, and mop when necessary - mop in the bathroom (tiles) when necessary, but will vacuum that first as well.

I found that we had a LOT more dust with the bare boards than in my previous house, where I had carpets everywhere (kind of obvious, but I'd not experienced it before) and I can't be doing with dust flying around everywhere, so vacuuming it is my usual go-to option. I did get a big school-style mop/sweeper, but I don't use it much to be fair.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 30-Jul-16 17:21:33

Robot Hoover's plus sweep and mop for proper job.

ShatnersBassoon Sat 30-Jul-16 17:23:36

Vacuum, mop then polish. Sweeping just seems to move the dust around.

clearsommespace Sat 30-Jul-16 17:25:55

Feels like more dust but really it's the same amount only not hidden deep in the carpet.
Vacuum and mop.

Flouncy Sat 30-Jul-16 17:26:03

Vacuum daily/ twice somedays but small dog and three outdoors/ indoors/ outdoors dc in relatively small house. We have a handheld dyson rechargeable and I can do a quick vac in five minutes.

I get on my hands and knees and do a proper scrub of the downstairs every couple of weeks and do a quick mop through roughly weekly or after a few spills so as required.

InTheDessert Sat 30-Jul-16 17:28:21

I vacuum and steam mop.
DH sweeps and mops.

bushtailadventures Sat 30-Jul-16 17:32:17

I sweep and mop. We have a hoover, but it gets left upstairs where the carpets are mostly and I can't be bothered carting it up and down stairs all the time.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 30-Jul-16 17:59:06

Sounds like I need a cordless vac then!

NoahVale Sat 30-Jul-16 18:07:18

i sweep and mop, dh put floor down and is very particular

whiteagle Sat 30-Jul-16 18:09:39

I have a wooden floor head for my miele cylinder vacuum ( basically a normal head but with longer softer bristles) it is extra swivelly and is fab for my large kitchen diner hardwood floor area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now