Proven ways to keep flies out?

(5 Posts)
JackieAndHyde4eva Fri 15-Jul-16 18:49:44

I have my windows open all day and the back door is open when we are at home. So the house is full of flies. There is no food lying around anywhere, i'm really picky about that. The only thing is that the bin is outside is stuffed as I missed last collection. I have moved it away from the house but still there are flies.

How can I keep them out but still have my windows and doors open? Dont really want to be attaching screens everywhere though.

VioletBam Sat 16-Jul-16 15:42:54

Well as someone who lives in Australia where the flies are full on, I can tell you now that there is nothing that works as well as a screen. No herbs or devices will do a thing.

JackieAndHyde4eva Sat 16-Jul-16 15:45:34

Grr. Looks like i'm getting screens then. Thanks violet

mariemason Mon 18-Jul-16 07:43:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Elroya1 Wed 20-Jul-16 13:21:35

I know my mother uses lemongrass spray. She mixes 5-10 drops of lemongrass essential oil and 2 ounces of water (hot). Shake it and spray around doorways, windowsills or practically any area you think the flies are coming through. Now, I don't know how effective it is, though I can say at least it leaves a refreshing scent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now