Talk

Advanced search

tesco duvets - do they fit in a normal washing machine??

(6 Posts)
butteriesplease Tue 12-Jul-16 15:53:47

so, I need some new duvets for double and single beds. Would like ones which fit in the washing machine. Have tesco vouchers, so would like to get Tesco duvets, or the silent night ones they sell online.

It says they are washable, but would they physically fit in a standard domestic machine? I've got some single duvets that don't fit just now, which are old and need to be replaced, as I can't wash them.
TIA.

rabbit123 Tue 12-Jul-16 19:56:19

how big is your washing machine?

rabbit123 Tue 12-Jul-16 19:56:39

And what tog rating are the duvets you're looking at?

butteriesplease Wed 13-Jul-16 10:20:43

hi sorry bit late coming back to this. I have a standard washing machine, which may be 7kg?? Tog rating, I guess 4.5, as we generally add blankets in winter.
DS3 has a single duvet which does fit in the machine, but DS1 and DS2's duvets are too bulky. and old. Our own double duvet is very old now, and if possible I'd like to be able to sling that in the machine as well. Laundrette is quite far, and the cost of a service wash for them is more than buying new duvets!

rabbit123 Wed 13-Jul-16 10:46:09

I would think you'd get low tog singles & doubles in a domestic washer. Just make sure you use a long cottons wash on them and not quick wash. The Rev up on a quick spin could damage the motor with something that heavy in it.

We have a 6kg Miele - it will take a single or low tog double but nothing heavier or larger

butteriesplease Wed 13-Jul-16 10:48:00

Thanks Rabbit. It's just that some (poss older?) duvets are so bulky. I guess if I get thin ones with a low tog, they would likely fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now