Talk

Advanced search

Getting blood out of bedding

(16 Posts)
millimat Mon 11-Jul-16 09:50:28

I've read some threads on here and realise I've made a major mistake by washing blood soaked bedding on a hot wash. It's still stained. What should I do to try and remove it?

Ditsy4 Mon 11-Jul-16 09:51:39

Try Vanish. Soak it in cold water.

CMOTDibbler Mon 11-Jul-16 09:55:06

Soak it in Napisan or Biotex. Next time, soak in cold water, then in Biotex/Napisan before washing on a cool wash

DarkBlueEyes Mon 11-Jul-16 09:55:55

My DD has nosebleeds all the time and I've never had a problem getting the blood out even when I've accidentally hot washed it. Get some Formil biological concentrate from Lidl (seriously) and pour it directly on the marks, scrub them with a nail brush and leave overnight, then wash as normal on 40 degrees. If that fails, leave them on the washing line for the sun if we ever fecking get any to bleach out the marks. Then if that fails, buy a vanish bar and scrub with that, or soak in napisan.

MamMamMam Mon 11-Jul-16 10:01:11

I use ariel or persil liquid, but I'm sure any bio liquid would do. Pour it on and rub it in well. Leave for a half an hour and wash as normal.

I've found it works on every stain I can think off. It's never failed.

VulcanWoman Mon 11-Jul-16 10:18:16

Dilute some bleach in water, soak for half an hour, wash as normal.

millimat Mon 11-Jul-16 10:21:25

Thank you. Have not tried biological liquids as yet as DD has sensitive skin so I only ever use non bio. But may need to get some.

MargotLovedTom Mon 11-Jul-16 10:26:08

Scrub the stain with Fairy Liquid (for dishes) and cold water.

LazyFemme Mon 11-Jul-16 22:47:05

I soak overnight in cold water (never needed to put anything in with it) then wash on a normal wash and it comes out fine. Obviously the sooner you get it in to soak the better

monicaglenfield Tue 12-Jul-16 01:13:42

Try this cleaner it works wonders when my DS gets stains on his bed sheets.

wonkylegs Tue 12-Jul-16 03:36:27

If you are worried about DDs skin was in bio then re wash in non bio.
I always use Dr Beckmann stain removal stuff and it's worked well, you can per-soak over night for stubborn stains their website is helpful and they respond to emails over stain advice not listed on there (they helped with explosive baby poo incident)

PigletJohn Tue 12-Jul-16 12:40:37

for smaller bloodstains (e.g. scratched an insect bite) saliva does it. Must be the enzymes. It actually fades before your eyes.

No need to suck or lick it, you can drool onto your finger and rub it on. Then cold wash, of course.

Baffy Tue 12-Jul-16 12:47:30

Salt and cold water! Works every time! Soak in salty COLD water for half an hour or so before washing. Scrub it with the salt and cold water before you wash too if it's particularly bad - works every time for me and the stains are gone before you even put the wash on...

Queensbelfastvcisasexistprat Tue 12-Jul-16 12:48:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Queensbelfastvcisasexistprat Tue 12-Jul-16 12:49:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wineoclockthanks Wed 13-Jul-16 21:08:21

Cold water and washing up liquid, scrub well and then wash with bio liquid.

BTW Washing up liquid is also great for getting grass stains out as it breaks down the chlorophyll in the grass.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now