Method laundry liquid- loved it but now every load smells awful!

(9 Posts)
shabbychic1 Sun 10-Jul-16 08:58:07

Anyone else having this problem? I wonder if it gets stuck in the pipes or something? For a few months it's works really well and cloths have smelled fresh from the machine but now it's awful! Such a shame.

Janek Sun 10-Jul-16 09:16:10

i wonder if you have a separate problem with your machine, and the method laundry liquid is a red herring - you could try doing a maintenance wash and see if that helps.

I use method sporadically (the blue one) - normally for smaller loads/gentle washes where i need less product, as usually i used simply washing tabs, which obviously cannot be divided. it still smells the same as it ever did.

calzone Sun 10-Jul-16 09:17:12

I would clean the washing machine if I were you

WordGetsAround Sun 10-Jul-16 09:18:42

Put on an empty wash at 90 degrees. See if that helps.

wowfudge Sun 10-Jul-16 16:48:35

Laundry liquids contain no bleaching agents so your machine doesn't get cleaned out. Instead it gunges up and goes smelly.

LowDudgeon Sun 10-Jul-16 17:02:00

Liquid detergent definitely affects the smell of the washing after a while. I used to put liquid in a ball inside the machine, so it wasn't clogged up in the pipes (& later found that liquitabs had the same effect anyway) but the clean washing gradually got more & more musty.

I'm using old-fashioned bio powder now & the difference is amazing! Try using powder for a bit & then alternate powder & the Method

shabbychic1 Sun 10-Jul-16 17:27:36

Done hot wash wash with vinegar and another hot wash with bedding using fairy non bio powder- smells lovely again! Thanks grin

LowDudgeon Sun 10-Jul-16 19:34:52

Oh good smile

sonlypuppyfat Sun 10-Jul-16 19:37:49

I've always used powder but bought some liquid as it was on special offer and my machine is starting to smell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now