Talk

Advanced search

Tumble dryer worse after "fix"

(6 Posts)
Onlytimewilltell Fri 08-Jul-16 11:31:02

I have one of the dodgy dryers that could catch fire. I had an engineer out a few weeks ago and he replaced whatever it was that needed replacing and it has slowly got worse and today is just blowing cold air and will not heat up. It started off letting condensation in my utility room and I could see all the glass getting steamed up, even though it is vented out of the wall and it's become less warm until finally not heating up at all and I've got bedding in it today and it's raining arghhh. It was fine before he "fixed it"
Has anyone else had this problem?
Obviously I will ring and complain but I need a dryer now!!

wowfudge Fri 08-Jul-16 15:19:58

How old is it? Could be entirely coincidental.

Onlytimewilltell Fri 08-Jul-16 16:05:06

Less than a year!

cricketqueen Fri 08-Jul-16 16:08:11

I had an engineer out twice after he had fixed the fault. Just to warn you they insisted that it wasn't anything to do with the fix and tried to charge me. I managed to get a different engineer out to look at it and he said that it had been caused by the original 'fix'. In my case he hadn't attached something properly. They are a pain in the arse to talk to, shocking customer service in my experience.

Onlytimewilltell Fri 08-Jul-16 17:24:46

Yes we waited months for it to be ruined 'fixed'
Dh has ordered me a new one coming tomorrow- no idea what he's ordered yet!
But I will definitely complain although sounds like I won't get anywhere then!

BackforGood Fri 08-Jul-16 17:27:08

Noooooooo! Don't say that, Ive had mine 'fixed' this week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now