Talk

Advanced search

Oily mark on sofa. Can anyone recommend a fix?

(11 Posts)
Tinklypoo Fri 08-Jul-16 09:14:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WeeM Fri 08-Jul-16 09:17:51

You could try Dr Beckmanns Stain Slayer. My friend says it takes everything out!

ShatnersBassoon Fri 08-Jul-16 09:22:31

Biological washing powder or washing up liquid work well on oily marks. Try a very diluted solution first, then add more if that doesn't work. Soft cloth and dab the stain, then soak up by pressing with kitchen paper.

OliviaTJoyce Fri 08-Jul-16 10:30:29

Mix 1tbsp. white vinegar and 2cups of warm water. Sponge the area with it and blot dry with paper towels. Repeat several times. If you can still see the stain try adding some lemon juice into the mixture. When it seems like the stain is gone, sponge the area with clear water to remove whatever remained of the cleanser.

TheSpottedZebra Fri 08-Jul-16 10:38:16

I'd start by gently rubbing some cornflour in, to try and get the worst of the oil out.

Tinklypoo Fri 08-Jul-16 10:49:57

ladydoer Fri 08-Jul-16 14:28:51

Manage to clean suncream spots from the car seats using paint thinner and salt. Might be worth giving this a try
see the steps here howtocleanstains.com/clean-car-interior-stains/ > greasy stains

Not sure if it's good for nubuck though, suppose you should first test on a small piece of your sofa?

monicaglenfield Fri 08-Jul-16 23:47:27

Try this sofa cleaner it will work wonders on the oily stain you've got on your sofa, it will remove it without any problems.

Thanks

Tinklypoo Sun 10-Jul-16 22:12:40

Tinklypoo Sun 10-Jul-16 22:13:14

YouSay Sun 10-Jul-16 22:17:13

Good to know. I didn't think anything removed oil!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now