A very boring question about small light fibres on black clothing post washing

(7 Posts)
Slingcrump Sat 02-Jul-16 15:18:15

I don't wear much black, but I have some yoga pants and a dark dress that seem to attract small, tiny, light coloured fibres when I wash them?

Does anyone else get this? And if you do, why are some clothes susceptible and others not? Or is it because of what you have washed in drum previously (ie something like white towels)?

It's really annoying!

I don't understand it because I wear a lot of navy clothes, and none of them seem to attract these fibres.

(We have a dog but it is definitely not dog hair - the fibres are too short and light for that - and there are loads of them!)

Any ideas/advice anyone pls?

MrsBosh Sat 02-Jul-16 16:12:01

I have noticed this with my black work trousers too! It's annoying as they don't look clean.

Sorry can't help, but watching with interest!

Slingcrump Sun 03-Jul-16 08:34:27

Thanks Mrs Bosh! Agree, when it happens I either re-wash or get out the parcel tape to try and lift the fibres off (which doesn`t work terribly well).

FrogFairy Sun 03-Jul-16 19:10:38

My mum swears this is caused by fabric conditioner so never uses it in a dark wash.

Slingcrump Sun 03-Jul-16 20:09:27

Thanks Frogfairy but I've never used fabric conditioner. (My mother never used to and so I just followed on from that I guess.)

Lorsaidthedean Sun 03-Jul-16 20:18:46

I always wash inside out.

Slingcrump Mon 04-Jul-16 20:10:44

Thanks Lorsaidthedean - I usually do that too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now