Talk

Advanced search

Armpit stains on work shirts

(11 Posts)
FurbysMakeSexNoises Tue 28-Jun-16 12:44:19

DH is very fastidious but his white shirts get a yellow stain in the pits and wondering how best to prevent or treat. Tried using a vanish bar on them each time we washed but didn't help. They go on the line when time and weather permit but really I wonder if there's a better way of washing them?

DubiousCredentials Tue 28-Jun-16 13:03:09

White vinegar usually works well on sweat. Just pour a load onto the pits, leave for a bit then wash as normal. Worked on my sweaty jumpers <attractive>

JsOtherHalf Tue 28-Jun-16 17:27:03

I decant white vinegar into a spray bottle, and spray the tops whilst inside out before washing.

Wilkinson's sell it ready made.

JsOtherHalf Tue 28-Jun-16 17:28:12

www.wilko.com/search?q=Wilko+Original+White+Vinegar+Trigger+Spray+750ml

Floralnomad Tue 28-Jun-16 17:32:24

I spray the inside of the underarms on DS and DH shirts with vanish Oxi action spray before they go in the wash , seems to work .

rabbit123 Tue 28-Jun-16 19:51:08

I used to get this in the days when I used liquid.

What detergent are you using? Try a soak in bio powder followed by a hot wash

dementedpixie Tue 28-Jun-16 19:52:47

Maybe he needs to change his antiperspirant. What does he use?

monicaglenfield Tue 28-Jun-16 20:53:45

Hey,

Try this stain remover it's perfect for getting rid of deodorant and antiperspirant stains from clothing. It will get rid of those yellow patches from your DH shirt.

Thanks

FurbysMakeSexNoises Wed 29-Jun-16 12:35:32

Thanks- will try both! Which wash cycle do you use? Does it have to be a longer hotter wash? We tend to do a quick 40 degree wash.

I'm using a bio liquid to wash with.

DH is most excited about trying the vinegar spray the dufus.

wowfudge Wed 29-Jun-16 13:09:07

Switch to powder - liquid contains no bleaching agents.

rabbit123 Wed 29-Jun-16 14:50:59

Ditch quick wash. They're only designed to wash half loads & don't give the detergent enough time to work. Always use cottons or synthetics cycles.

Slightly off topic, but towels & bed sheets should always be washed at 60 degrees too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now