Talk

Advanced search

Modern housekeeping magazine?

(17 Posts)
EsmeraldaEllaBella Tue 21-Jun-16 06:41:15

Does it exist? Like an up to date version of Good Housekeeping but for someone in their 30s? Not for modern property necessarily, but for the 'modern woman' someone stylish etc. Please tell me it exists?

wowfudge Tue 21-Jun-16 07:11:51

Have you read Good Housekeeping? I'd say that fits the bill, unless you just don't like it.

peekaboo1 Tue 21-Jun-16 12:58:31

In the US/Canada there is an amazing magazine called Real Simple. It's like GH only without all the boring bits, life stories, emotional articles which I find unbelievably dull and make the magazine more angled to older women. It's v annoying to have to flick through all of that to get to the interesting household/food/lifestyle articles that a magazine called Good Housekeeping should be focussed on.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything similar to Real Simple here. And imports cost heaps.

peekaboo1 Tue 21-Jun-16 12:59:48

You might want to post this in chat or Aibu to get more replies. Do post a link here if you do as I'd be interested too

GrubbyWindows Tue 21-Jun-16 14:05:32

Real Simple is in most whSmiths and loads of other newsagents for 3.75- I think they do a Uk print run! It's not as good as it used to be though...
I like Home Style too (style at home is different)

peekaboo1 Tue 21-Jun-16 18:25:18

Really? I only found one issue for £6 somewhere so gave up. I will have a trawl around the area's newsagents this week. Thanks.

inmyheadimthequeen Tue 21-Jun-16 18:27:09

What about Woman&Home?

EsmeraldaEllaBella Tue 21-Jun-16 19:06:50

Thanks all. Have tired good housekeeping but like a pp said there are too many dull bits. Likewise with woman and home, the last issue I had had an article on the menopause so bit old for me grin

I may post elsewhere sometime and report back! Off to Google Real Simple smile

nothingwittyhere Tue 21-Jun-16 20:09:52

Real Simple is great but I'very only found the cheap version in central London.

GrubbyWindows Tue 21-Jun-16 22:05:26

You can definitely get real simple in big train stations outside of London- it's my train read of choice, heh. But I do live in London, so that colours my perception of how easy it is to get, clearly. It just has a GBP price on the cover, so should be orderable of your local newsagent is up for that?

peekaboo1 Tue 21-Jun-16 22:58:31

I'm in central London so v excited to go to the newsagent tomorrow (that sounds a bit sad). Is there anywhere in particular in central London you've found it?

GrubbyWindows Wed 22-Jun-16 09:50:27

Just the ordinary newsagent near my house in south east London has it, and def all the smiths in stations. Any biggish newsagent, I'd say.

peekaboo1 Fri 24-Jun-16 13:10:56

Found Real Simple in the magazine section of Selfridges (a wh smith and really well stocked). Thanks for the info.

wizzywig Fri 24-Jun-16 13:17:03

Oh man i want this magazine

kansasmum Fri 24-Jun-16 20:56:29

My dh knows to bring home Real Simple from his trips to the US! Sadly I can't find it down here in SW. You can get it online I believe in digital format. But I can't get on with magazines in digital format!!

Hislopssloppyseconds Sat 25-Jun-16 05:53:25

Oh I want real simple too, sounds good. We only have a Tesco Extra here.

peekaboo1 Sat 25-Jun-16 12:33:54

The ads and items are all American stores and prices in dollars, but it's still a good read.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now