Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Moths- killing them in the tumble dryer

(4 Posts)
Newchat Sun 19-Jun-16 13:42:14

We have been given moths- thanks to the generosity of my in laws, but that's another story.
We/, I am having to try and treat them quite urgently as we are moving out and putting a lot of our belongings into storage as we are mid build.
I have been labouriously hot washing and tumble drying everything (we have a two in one machine, so it it is taking ages 😢
Delicate stuff in freezer- now out of space.
And spent a fortune in the dry cleaners.

My question is can I get away with just tumble drying clothing. As they are already 'clean'. I am just being super cautious and don't want any lavae still living.
I am cleaning out cupboards and drawers too and using the chemical moth balls into the boxes I am going to store.
Blooming moths!
Thanks for any advice - especially about the tumble dryer option. She how long I have to hear them up for.

prettywhiteguitar Sun 19-Jun-16 13:54:52

The best treatment is cold (freezer for a few days) then hot so tumble dry ? Or just warm room, then cold so freezer again for a few days.
I have a selection of wool I put away for the winter, I don't put anything with holes in away at all, that gets donated to the dogs home.

But yes freezer overnight, then warm environment then freezer again

Newchat Sun 19-Jun-16 13:59:39

Thank you!

prettywhiteguitar Sun 19-Jun-16 14:43:53

No worries ! I have heavily researched it, we seem to have loads of moths and I have a thing for woollies grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now