Talk

Advanced search

end of tenancy clean

(9 Posts)
JoMalones Sun 19-Jun-16 10:57:54

I have always rented privately until now. The agency gave us a check list for end of tenancy clean and they expect it to be done by a cleaning company. Carpets, appliances and everything else.

Does anyone know what a rough amount we should expect to pay? 3 bed 3 reception 3 storey. We have a weekly cleaner so is in good condition and the carpets were only professionally cleaned a year ago.

Thank you!

wowfudge Sun 19-Jun-16 18:38:22

Have you asked your cleaner?

DanglyEarOrnaments Sun 19-Jun-16 19:44:38

Professional end-of-tenancy clean average around £200 for a full house.

Oven clean between £50 and £100 depending on company pricing.

Carpets around £30 to £50 per room as a general rule of thumb but sometimes there's a deal to have multiple rooms done at the same visit.

OliviaTJoyce Mon 20-Jun-16 11:44:22

I agree with Dangly, it should be around £200.

It actually depends on the deal you manage to get. For example, the last time we did our tenancy clean, we got a discounted offer for deep carpet cleaning as well and got our oven cleaned for free as part of the service (not a deep clean, though, just the racks, inside and outside without dismantling it). It was a bargain for us, we ordered from A to Z cleaning.

Give your checklist to a company and ask for a discount on multiple bookings. The service should cover more for less money. You know how that goes, McDonalds is the same. wink

KittensandKnitting Mon 20-Jun-16 11:48:07

Does your contract stipulate that you have to have it professionally cleaned?

Mine didn't but the tenancy check-out list asked for it, I did the job myself and no cleaning was added to the list for the deposit deductions.

JoMalones Mon 20-Jun-16 20:56:41

Wow, yes and she doesn't have the availability or carpet cleaning.

Thanks Dangly and Olivia. We've only had one quote back for £275 so far, getting cleaning companies to come out is a struggle!

Yes Kittens, we also have to provide a receipt. We don't want to have to do it and move out on the Friday and keys need to be back midday Monday so won't have the time either.

wowfudge Tue 21-Jun-16 07:18:10

Could your cleaner do the general cleaning, you book someone else to do the carpets and you clean the oven, for example? Just trying to think how you could break it down.

adrianabelshaw Mon 27-Jun-16 12:16:55

I am using FastKlean on a regular basis and I am really happy with them. I am sure they do end of tenancy as well but not sure how much they charge. You might find it useful to give them a ring.

mummy2zni Tue 28-Jun-16 09:20:26

I had to provide recept for end of tenancy clean (have always just done it myself). Unfortunately I discovered this after cleaning it myself - darned if I was going to pay someone £200 to swipe a cloth over the (already clean) counter! Luckily I found a windows cleaner/carpet man who was happy to sign off the rest of the house for no extra - only cost me £100. Find a small/one person operation rather than a big company and have a discussion is my advice...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now