Talk

Advanced search

How can I clean an ear ring

(11 Posts)
Karcheer Tue 14-Jun-16 19:08:46

That has been kept in my purse with loose change?
Money is really unhygienic, so I need to clean it well before it goes back in my ear. It's a 9ct gold stud.

Thank you.

mypropertea Tue 14-Jun-16 19:23:00

I would wash it in anty bac soap. Don't drop it down the plug hole though! Put the plug in before you start.

Cherylene Tue 14-Jun-16 19:26:34

Friend of mine used to clean her's with cotton wool an surgical spirit at regular intervals.

PreAdvent13610 Tue 14-Jun-16 19:31:11

vodka!

QueenoftheVerse Tue 14-Jun-16 21:28:02

Vodka doesn't have a high enough alcohol content to sterilise anything. I use boiled water with lots of salt in it and stir to dissolve the salt. Just take the earring apart and put it in the bowl and leave it for 5 or 10 mins. I've never had an infection from any of my piercings and I also used that to clean my new piercings and I've never had a problem.

Cherylene Tue 14-Jun-16 21:29:57

What a shame - thought I had another use for Vodka added to my list. PreAdvent will just have to drink it grin

cozietoesie Tue 14-Jun-16 21:55:18

That rather depends on the vodka you drink, Queen! grin

(Although I take your point. wink)

wowfudge Tue 14-Jun-16 22:57:25

Hot water, soap and a nail brush or old toothbrush. No need for anti bacterial anything.

DramaAlpaca Tue 14-Jun-16 22:59:39

I do what wowfudge does, except I use baby shampoo instead of soap. An old, soft toothbrush is great for getting them clean.

user1464934899 Wed 15-Jun-16 12:18:55

Hi Karcheer,

I would try this Jewelry cleaning kit Take your earnings leave it in the cleaning soloution for about 2 minutes and then use the brush to give it a good clean afterwards, this will help restore the shine and get rid of any bacteria on the earrings.

Thanks

Helloooomeee Wed 15-Jun-16 12:23:00

I've always used surgical spirit or hydrogen peroxide to sterilise body jewellery, would probably stick to surgical spirit on gold though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now