Talk

Advanced search

Clothes Moths everywhere - help me get rid of them!

(6 Posts)
Jem01 Thu 09-Jun-16 11:45:23

In our back bedroom where we keep clothes including a rack of my clothes we found a nest (old cashmere Caridgan had fallen at the back and moths made it there little home..yuck!). After removing it and hoovering like mad everywhere, washing all the clothes on high heat and placing moth proofed balls everywhere I thought that would do the trick but it hasn't. We still find at least 4 or 5 moths a day and it's starting to really tick me off.

We have carpet upstairs so have booked in a carpet cleaner next week as I heard moths might be nesting in carpet. Is there anything else I can do/any other products I can buy you can please recommend me? Really getting desperate now as my baby is due in 4 weeks and I've noticed moths in nursery room despite there never being any in there argh!!! Your help/recommendations would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Thu 09-Jun-16 11:51:16

You need to bug bomb the fuck out of the rooms where you have seen moths with foggers. Then set pheromone traps to catch and monitor the infestation.

Hoover twice a week putting the dust straigbt in the outside bin. Make sure all clothes are clean and store woollens or other animal based items you don't wear often (like silk scarves) in ziplock plastic bags. Put them in the freezer for a fortnight to kill off any infestation.

You can also put down a special dust in gaps between floorboards and skirting.

I'm afraid it's an ongoing battle now you have them but getting into good habits and an anti-moth routine will keep them at bay.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Thu 09-Jun-16 11:52:26

Those balls arw only really effective in a confined space like a drawer or cupboard and only for preventing an infestation.

Now you have one you need chemicals.

Jem01 Thu 09-Jun-16 12:01:18

Thanks moving I'm on it! Can you recommend any chemicals I should use?

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Thu 09-Jun-16 12:11:04

Have a look at mothkiller.co.uk

Jem01 Thu 09-Jun-16 14:17:01

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now