Can viscose be unshrunk?

(7 Posts)
LowDudgeon Wed 08-Jun-16 19:08:00

eg by rewashing & pulling?

I mistakenly washed new trousers at 40 (didn't check label which says 30), air dried but also gave them about 5 mins in the dryer because I do that with everything.

They are that funny shape apparently popular atm, wider in the thigh than the calf, & now the calf part is skin tight & a bit short sad

cozietoesie Thu 09-Jun-16 10:51:18

I've never managed it myself, I'm afraid. Dry cleaning sometimes helps a little but that's both speculative and expensive.

Another poster might have a trick to it though.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Thu 09-Jun-16 10:53:02

have you ironed them...I find viscose always shrinks but a hot steamy iron puts it back.

LowDudgeon Thu 09-Jun-16 11:39:14

No I haven't - I wondered about that - the label does say to iron while still damp so I'll give that a go (I don't normally iron anything, ever, but I do have an iron & it'll be worth it if it works!)

Thanks, both smile

TellMeDani Sat 11-Jun-16 13:27:10

Try re-washing on a silk setting (so no spin at the end), then take them outside, re-shape them (pull hard if you have to) and then drip dry on the line or over the bath.

It's worked for me in the past, now I drip dry anything viscose as it keeps it's shape better.

LowDudgeon Sat 11-Jun-16 16:18:47

Oh, thank you, Dani - that sounds like my kind of washing grin

It's a bit damp here today, I'll wait till the weather improves (& wash all my viscose as silk in future!)

cozietoesie Sat 11-Jun-16 18:27:21

You've been luckier than I, TellMe. Well done. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now