Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen grease, no hot water

(9 Posts)
Prudence99 Tue 07-Jun-16 14:46:56

Am trying to clean the kitchen of a recently deceased relative's house prior to putting the property up for sale.

Looks like relative didn't bother doing any cleaning for the last few years. The kitchen, in particular, is a disgrace. The kitchen units and worktops are covered in thick kitchen grease. The added problem I have is the boiler looks so old and knackered I'm too scared to switch it on in case it explodes or something.

Anybody know how to clean a kitchen without hot water? Relative fell out with all the neighbours years ago so don't want to knock on anyone's door asking for a bucket of hot water. And I live too many miles away to try and fill a container with hot water from my house as by the time I get to relative's house it will be stone cold.

Thanks.

Seeline Tue 07-Jun-16 14:49:28

can't you boil a kettle?

skivvywoman Tue 07-Jun-16 14:50:34

Kettle pots of water I wouldn't imagine you could clean grease without hot water

Ah maybe sugar soap??

wowfudge Tue 07-Jun-16 14:53:10

Get some sugar soap in a trigger spray and either woman up and turn the boiler on or boiler a pan or kettle of water!

Might be a good idea to get someone in to check over and service the boiler, etc or any potential buyers will be knocking thousands off the asking price for a new heating system.

MrsJayy Tue 07-Jun-16 14:57:17

Grt somebody into service the boiler you will probably need to so you can sell but sugar soap will lift grease

Wombat87 Tue 07-Jun-16 15:15:21

Flash concentrate cuts through grease okay, I don't always use hot water either if I'm spot mopping

Rafflesway Tue 07-Jun-16 15:34:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsJayy Tue 07-Jun-16 15:42:14

Elbow grease is brilliant poundshop and poundstretchers sell it

wowfudge Tue 07-Jun-16 17:13:34

I've just clicked on that link and I would say that Elbow Grease is a branded sugar soap. It is exactly the same colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now