Talk

Advanced search

Miele fridges - do they really keep food fresher longer

(6 Posts)
suealpha Thu 26-May-16 11:57:59

Has anyone got experience of a Miele fridge with PerfectFresh? Do you think this feature lives up to what is claimed for it in terms of keeping food fresh longer?
I'd be interested in comments relating to this subject even from people who haven't actually got a Miele fridge, please.

FlouncyMcFlounceFace Thu 26-May-16 12:13:24

I'm lucky enough to have a Miele dryer from the product test of last Autumn. I'd never had a dryer, found the price eyewatering and couldn't quite understand why it was so much more and what one dryer could do differently to another dryer.

I have to say its amazing. I still get pleassure from each and every use of it. Its so clever yet so simple to use. It saves me so much time and is very economical to run compared to lots of other models so over its lifetime if I do a full product cost comparisson the costs equate more closely than just looking at the upfront cost. Fortunately it should last me many years but I'd certainly consider paying the extra for Miele when the time comes. We had to replace our washing machine earlier this year and went Miele again. Unfortunately I got carried away on price/ model comparrissons and ended up with a big not giant drum and thats a little irritating with a family of five.

Miele have been a pleasure to deal with. Friendly customer service that give you time slot deliveries and delivery drivers that deliver the product and take away the packaging (all of which has value to me). The products appear to come with great standard warranties too so no unexpected big bills down the line.

So if its a Miele recomendation you're after I couldn't fault them.

We have an undercounter fridge a bosch logixx. I love it bcause it has shelf drawers that pull right out so you can maximise the space and not have things decaying/ lost or pushed up against the back.

schmalex Thu 26-May-16 12:18:25

I don't have a Miele fridge, but I did get a fancy new fridge for the first time last year after inheriting built-in ones in all our previous houses.
The food keeps SO much better in my new fridge, especially salads and other veg. So I would expect a Miele one to be very good.

suealpha Thu 26-May-16 12:53:39

Thank you. FlouncyMcFlounceFace for the Miele and Bosch endorsements, and thank you, schmalex, too - what brand is your fridge, please?

Bolograph Thu 26-May-16 12:57:58

I believe that most of the Miele fridges are OEM'd by Liebherr; Miele don't make their own refrigeration. Our dishwasher and washing machine are Miele, but the Liebherr fridge/freezer is very clearly cut from the same cloth, and was substantially cheaper than the (very similar, unsurprisingly) Miele products.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 28-May-16 16:08:28

Yes they're amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now