Anyone got a handheld Dyson?

(65 Posts)
DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 21-May-16 23:42:31

Specifically the animal one?

Reviews are good but some mentioned poor battery life?

I want it to cope with crumbs and cat fur! Will it cope?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 21-May-16 23:43:15

Too many 'copes' in that but you get my drift!grin

5BlueHydrangea Sat 21-May-16 23:46:32

I don't have the animal one but I love the one I have! It is a Dyson. Easy to use and empty. Battery life pretty good and doesn't take that long to charge up anyway. So pleased I bought it! Good for crumbs but don't know about animals.

SnuffleGruntSnorter Sat 21-May-16 23:47:18

No, but it's number one on my most coveted list!

evelynj Sat 21-May-16 23:48:12

Mine is about 5 year old & still great smile

Though just bought a new vax vacuum & it's way better than our old dyson upright so you probably don't need to spend that much. I wouldn't be without one now-a handheld that is....

Catinthecorner Sat 21-May-16 23:50:38

I've got one. And a dog. Comes out pretty much every day and does fine BUT it's not my only vacuum and I have access to a carpet washer too. Basically I think the fact I'm more likely to get it out means we keep up with the day-to-day cleaning more, so there's less need for mammoth cleaning sessions. Your level of laziness might not reach the dizzying heights of my own of course.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 21-May-16 23:51:18

Interestingly I'm looking at the Back handheld and wondering about that too!

Thanks for the info!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 21-May-16 23:53:28

I properly hoover every other day, this would just be for corners, stairs maybe, the car, cat bed, crumbs, the bed where the cat has slept ( I know, I knowhmm)

Parch14 Sat 21-May-16 23:59:00

I have the Dyson DC59 and I love it! Battery life isn't amazing, about 16 mins normal and 6 on max. I have a cat and it's great for the hairs. It's so handy considering I have to hoover several times a day with a little one spilling food etc everywhere.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 22-May-16 08:09:10

Does the DC59 have the extension pipe so you can use it like a normal hoover?

Mrsfluff Sun 22-May-16 08:12:56

I have the cordless Animal and I love it. I don't use any other vacuum, fir me it would defeat the whole point of having this one. Battery life is 20 mins, but I can do lots in that time.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 22-May-16 08:20:10

I'm going to order one!

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 22-May-16 08:21:21

I just bought the d6 animal yesterday and I love it.
If you have any CLUbCARD vouchers they're doing double voucher scheme at the minute so you might be able to get quite a bit off?

Obv not used it much yet but it's brill. Battery is meant to last 20 mins. Ive never spent 20 mins hoovering in my life so I reckon as long as I charge it up after each use it will be fine.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 22-May-16 08:22:54

Oh and I gave my dog a haircut yesterday. Thick dog hair clippings everywhere and it hoovered them up fine.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 22-May-16 08:30:59

It is £118 in John Lewis but £170 iirc in Tesco buy I'll dou le check as I have got some points- good thinking!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 22-May-16 08:32:50

Who - do you mean the V6? I'm googling but can't find the D6!

Slothlikesundays Sun 22-May-16 08:33:42

Yes. Love it. Use it most days. Battery life is fine. Can do stairs and quick vacation of crumbs, charges quickly.

Discogeek Sun 22-May-16 08:35:45

I got the cordless animal in December and I love it. Picks up all cat hair, children's crumbs, mess and makes doing the vaccing so much easier with no plugs or cords to mess with.

I have a pretty standard sized 3 bed semi and can do a full vac of the house easily with the charge. It only works when you actively press the button so no needless power wastage.

I would thoroughly recommend one.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 22-May-16 08:36:50

Yes, sorry the v6. Was £299 but I got a £50 tesco giftcard but they've stopped the giftcard offer jow.

Autumnchill Sun 22-May-16 08:37:48

Wouldn't be without ours now!

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 22-May-16 08:38:17

Mine wasn't the handheld one though, it's the full one but it does convert to a handheld.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 22-May-16 08:38:49

There's a DC34,anyone know the difference between that and the animl one? Big price difference...

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 22-May-16 08:40:45

Afaik it's different motors.

They keep bringing newer versions out with better motors. They've just started a v8 range.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Sun 22-May-16 08:43:36

www.infobarrel.com/DC34_Vs_DC58

I think the dc58 is the same as the v6, it's just been given a new name. So this compares the two.

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Sun 22-May-16 08:44:30

I think the dc34 is one of the original handhelds so not as powerful and no long tube. I have had the dc59 for 2.5 years and it's brilliant, I've only used my old upright a couple of times since I got it. I vacuum a lot (whole house daily and hard floors downstairs at least once more). I didn't get the v6 version as I think it's too similar though I do like the fluffy floor tool but am currently resisting buying the brand new V8 which looks like my dream vacuum (sad I know) as its £500shock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now