Talk

Advanced search

Need a new tumble dryer, recommendations please

(19 Posts)
ineedaholidaynow Sat 21-May-16 20:52:36

I need a new tumble dryer, can anyone recommend one? Currently have an Indesit condenser one. Not been totally happy with it as never seems to dry clothes properly, although I think this can be quite common with this type of dryer. Budget can stretch to mid range.

AveEldon Sat 21-May-16 20:55:46

Do you want another condenser or a vented one?

Ilovewillow Sat 21-May-16 20:57:27

If you can stretch go for a Miele, we have a condensing Miele which is now 10 yrs old and as good as the day we brought it! It also came with a 10 yr guarantee! I would definitely buy another one despite it being a bit pricey!

Hmmm 10 yr guarantee, 10 yes old it will probably break down next week!

ineedaholidaynow Sat 21-May-16 21:13:04

Another condenser one.

Missingsleepandthecat Sat 21-May-16 22:01:25

Miele, if you can afford it. DS2 saved and replaced a recalled Swan dryer (made by indesit, who we still havent heard off of 3 months later!!) and its honestly a breath of fresh air! so quick, quiet, gentle and efficient. Its an entry model, I'll ask him what the model is.

Missingsleepandthecat Sat 21-May-16 22:20:42

He said its a TDA140C smile

Dodgeballqueen Sat 21-May-16 22:47:32

Miele.

Palomb Sat 21-May-16 22:53:12

Have you cleaned it your condenser recently? I have a hotpoint condenser and it is spectacularly shit at drying clothes when I need to clean all the crap out of the condensing unit.

hairymuffet Sat 21-May-16 23:54:06

White knight ......... Excellent !!

ineedaholidaynow Wed 25-May-16 21:47:38

DH is now thinking we should get a vented one.

rabbit123 Wed 25-May-16 21:51:54

Our old vented White Knight was better than our Miele condenser. If you have the space to get a vented dryer, do it. We can't at our current house otherwise I would've kept the old dryer

ineedaholidaynow Wed 25-May-16 21:56:20

We used to have a vented one, then got a condenser one, as they didn't seem to do vented ones then and temporarily blocked up the vent. Much preferred the vented one. They don't seem to last very long now.

WellTidy Wed 25-May-16 22:25:54

We have a Bosch, and it is great. It was about £350 six years ago. We bought a Miele washing machine at the same time. I know they both do different things, but I've been equally delighted with both.

FinallyFreeFromItAll Wed 25-May-16 22:44:41

I have a BEKO condenser and previously had a beko vented.

They are both good at drying and equal in how well they dry.

The vented one was 7yrs old when I left it behind and had never had any problems with it what so ever. In my current house it was condenser or nothing. I was dubious but the condenser beko has been just as good at drying as the vented one.

elephantoverthehill Wed 25-May-16 22:51:58

I've got a White Knight and they advertise as the most reliable tumble drier.

Rafflesway Thu 26-May-16 16:07:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

concertplayer Fri 27-May-16 21:31:14

there is a brilliant site on the web called Whitegoods.
It is run by independent tradesmen.
They explain all the pros and cons of the different types of driers.
Bosch and Samsung have some offers re longer guarantees
on at the moment

Perpetualstateofchaos Tue 07-Jun-16 12:51:26

I have a Candy 8kg condenser which I got just before Christmas it has loads of different settings . It was priced at £300 but I got it on offer from argos and was able to collect from a store.

BastardingBastards Wed 08-Jun-16 16:32:26

I've got a vented gas one. I think it's White Knight. I would never have considered it but DH is devoted to his Which subscription and apparently it was the most energy efficient, reliable, marvellous machine. It was very cheap and I was hmm but actually it's fantastic. Otherwise I would have gone for a £££ Miele as all my other appliances are Miele and very reliable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now