Talk

Advanced search

can I reattach this to the drum? pics!

(9 Posts)
storybrooke Tue 17-May-16 08:34:39

This came out with the washing yesterday, the clips that slide on seem to be broken and there are sharp bits that I'm afraid will rip the clothes to shreds. I have lots of washing to do and it's only 4 years old!

I'm in denial. Can it be saved?

tharsheblows Tue 17-May-16 08:45:10

You can probably fix it! Find the model number then look on somewhere like shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk or espares to get a spare part. The ukwhitegoods site www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk has a forum too- I've never posted there but it's been useful to search through before!

storybrooke Tue 17-May-16 09:36:07

Thank you! Didn't think it'd be as easy as ordering a new part!

tharsheblows Wed 18-May-16 12:22:34

Ordering the part and trying to fix it myself works about 90% of the time for me. Often enough for it to make sense to do it but not a 100% success rate (notable failure was the fridge dying, there was a lot wrong with it and we ended up just getting a new one).

storybrooke Wed 18-May-16 21:09:30

Well this little beauty came direct from Amazon today (along with my niece and nephews birthday presents!) fits like a dream and tomorrow's washing is loaded and waiting.

So rather than obsessing over which new washer to buy and how many extra hours to work in sipping a glass of wine so honestly, thank you flowers

storybrooke Wed 18-May-16 21:10:51

Duh, picture!

tharsheblows Thu 19-May-16 11:33:47

Did it work this morning? Fixing things is so satisfying, isn't it? Welcome to the club! smile smile

storybrooke Thu 19-May-16 21:45:34

3 wash loads and all working fine! It really is, can't believe what a fast fix that was too. First wash it came off as I'd not jammed it in enough but as it was towels I wasn't bothered about them being damaged (they weren't thankfully!) but clothes and blankies all done.

Dh was hmm this morning when I said he'd better hurry in the shower as I couldn't wait to get the washing on!

tharsheblows Mon 23-May-16 15:26:12

Yay! And phew, I'm glad it worked. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now