My dishwasher has died. Does anyone know how I may revive it?

(6 Posts)
SharonBottsPoundOfGrapes Tue 10-May-16 23:32:29

It's a Siemens one. I bought it for £30 about 3 years ago and it was around 6 years old then. It has water stuck in the bottom. I've taken out all the fittings, tried plunging it, I ran it on a wash with soda crystals, dh has checked that the drains aren't blocked. Nothing. Any ideas anyone?

SingingMyOwnSpecialSong Tue 10-May-16 23:37:49

We had one in a rental property die, thought it was salt, so topped it up, no luck. Ignored it for several weeks (cow of a landlady not interested), got desperate one day (two month old refluxy baby) and tried switching it on and it worked. smile

SharonBottsPoundOfGrapes Tue 10-May-16 23:40:57

Well I wish I had weeks to wait for it to heal itself but I hate washing up. grin

PigletJohn Tue 10-May-16 23:57:31

Lean it over backwards (never forwards). Does water run out from the leak dish underneath?

Do any lights come on? Do any flash?

frenchfancy Wed 11-May-16 10:24:20

Have you broken any glasses recently? Dishwashers often break because a piece of broken glass gets caught in the impeller. Take the filter out of the bottom, empty as much water as you can and see if you can see a small section that you unscrew - it varies depending on the model as to where or how. Take this part off and you should see a small plastic impeller. Check to see if this turns freely or if something is trapped.

I run holiday properties and this happens to us at least once a year.

SharonBottsPoundOfGrapes Wed 11-May-16 11:52:53

Ooh thanks for the info French. Will give that ago. Piglet my fridge is on top of it. Can't move it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now