Talk

Advanced search

Buffet party plates?

(4 Posts)
Aquiver Tue 10-May-16 17:15:22

Hi all,

A slightly random question - but what kind of plates do people tend to use / prefer for buffet parties?

We usually use disposable paper plates - but is that the norm? I sometimes feel they are a bit tacky and flimsy for a nice adults party!

Apologies in advance for the most mundane MN post ever grin

Grumpyoldblonde Tue 10-May-16 17:48:32

I am happy with to both use and offer good quality paper plates for a large crowd, depends if I am serving food that would make a plate soggy, pasta salad for example. Nice napkins to go with them of course. For a smaller crowd you could get plastic plates, there is a vast selection available from the supermarkets in the party sections, often on offer, then if you have kids, they can reused for picnics/playdates/kids parties, whatever. I think it really depends how many you are catering for and what kind of party.

cozietoesie Wed 11-May-16 10:17:39

I have a great many old ashets - I use them for food on the actual buffet because they're there, they look attractive and they're an easy clean. I also have a fair number of plates and bowls so they're generally used for individual people. If I didn't already have those, I'd be entirely happy to use plastic or paper plates.

(They're not all the same pattern but - who cares? smile)

Aquiver Wed 11-May-16 22:19:23

Thanks both - I actually had to look up 'ashets' as I had never heard of those before! grin

I am not into matchy matchy stuff so a good eclectic mix of plates sounds good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now