Talk

Advanced search

induction hobs

(12 Posts)
littlepinkseal1407 Sat 07-May-16 22:41:31

We are having a new kitchen installed and dh is set on getting an induction hob. I have looked at Which? Reports and millions of reviews on line but am getting nowhere. For every good review there seems to be a bad review. Could anyone recommend a particular make and model?

semideponent Sat 07-May-16 22:48:09

We had an induction hob on a Lacanche range. It was brilliant - we moved house and I still miss it. We had a counter top hob in the rental property before that, where it took me a while to get used to it. After that I was a convert, hence the Lacanche.

I love induction - fast and safe. I rarely have more than 2 sauce/pans on the go, so works beautifully for my purposes.

seb1 Sat 07-May-16 23:34:40

I just went cheap and cheerful with this one and it is fine

Cyrli Sat 07-May-16 23:36:08

After having one I'd never have anything else.

suze28 Sat 07-May-16 23:43:31

We've got a Siemens 5 ring induction hob and it's fantastic. I'd never go back to a gas hob now.

littlepinkseal1407 Sun 08-May-16 21:27:50

Oh good, glad to hear everyone likes their induction hobs, I am a bit reluctant to change over from gas.

useyourimagination Sun 08-May-16 21:34:39

We have a de Dietrich and I absolutely love it - it's not the cheapest on the market but if you shop around you can usually find a discount somewhere. Don't forget you'll need magnetic pans smile

MaynJune Mon 09-May-16 17:11:50

I have a de Dietrich too, have had it for years. I recommended it to friends and theirs was so unreliable they gave up and bought a different one, I don't know what make.
They didn't go back to gas though, and I never would either. Induction is just as fast and responsive as gas, probably more so, and so easy to clean.

moonandforward Mon 09-May-16 19:38:12

I'm on my second Seimens, I had the same model installed when I moved house.
Wouldn't be without it.

GinnyWreckin Tue 10-May-16 02:24:27

Any recommendations for a flat sided, that is a not too high sided frying / griddle pan for induction...... that's not really expensive? Or where could I get a metal disc to convey heat to more traditional aluminium pans?

I've got a stellar range of pots, but the frying pans seem to be casserole type.
TIA

seb1 Tue 10-May-16 09:43:16

I love my circulon pans, BHS are selling a set for £99.99 meant to be £250.00 Circulon

GinnyWreckin Tue 10-May-16 21:12:44

Thanks seb1, I'll have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now