Talk

Advanced search

Rats.

(6 Posts)
1805 Fri 06-May-16 17:31:44

Has anyone recently used a pest control company to get rid of rats from a roof space? Have e mailed a couple of local companies, but there are no costs on any of their web sites and wondered if anyone can give me a heads up on the cost??
Thanks.

scrivette Fri 06-May-16 20:04:47

Not rats but mice, I got the company through the local Council (from their website) and it cost £70.

VeryFoolishFay Mon 09-May-16 09:53:57

I got mine through the local council - SDK. £55 to lay traps, then to come back a fortnight later.

1805 Mon 09-May-16 21:23:17

oh. Just been quoted £180 for 3 visits. Maybe I'll try a different company. Local council doesn't offer or recommend any services.

concertplayer Tue 10-May-16 10:47:00

Our Council does it free but only rats not mice. Make sure you find out how they
are getting in We had them in the loft but it turned out the trapdoor from
the building to the sewers had broken It took about 3 visits to sort.

ScrotesOnFire Wed 11-May-16 11:51:43

be better to work out where they're coming from first, otherwise you'll spend the money for them to come back!

Ours was a broken down pipe in front of the house, we fixed that, cleaned and doused the loft in citronella (which they apparently hate) - no more rats.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now