Talk

Advanced search

Smelly stick blender

(8 Posts)
AnthonyPandy Fri 06-May-16 14:25:38

The stick bit smells, the bit that goes in the food/soup. When it is washed, water gets in the seal and doesn't come out easily again, now it stinks. Is there anything I can do, or is it beyond saving?

Fluffyemenent Fri 06-May-16 14:45:30

Soak in zoflora? (TIC. Zoflora seems to be the answer to all housekeeping issues on mumsnet!)

GreenMarkerPen Fri 06-May-16 14:46:27

get rid and buy a new one that's easier to clean ?

cozietoesie Fri 06-May-16 15:28:18

I've had one for years and it doesn't smell at all - I reckon you have a defective one. If it's outwith the warranty period, I'd bin it and start again.

wowfudge Fri 06-May-16 16:08:10

Don't try Zoflora - the thought of the smell of that tainting any food you use it on! Try bicarbonate of soda - bury the offending bit in a bowl of it and leave for a while. It's a great deodoriser.

cozietoesie Fri 06-May-16 17:15:50

The trouble is that while you might be able to deodorise it - and most times you use it might be needed unless you're using it daily - can you have confidence in a piece of equipment that's, if it has a leaking seal, pretty much a breeding ground for bacteria? smile

cozietoesie Fri 06-May-16 17:17:04

Sorry - I have no idea where that emoticon came from. My device has a mind of its own today.

AnthonyPandy Fri 06-May-16 18:44:10

cozietoesie that's my worry really, I thought maybe there would be a well known way of cleaning them that had totally passed me by.

And cleaning with zoflora - it would just stink of that, surely.

Never mind, I'll just get a new one, thanks for the replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now