Steam Generator

(6 Posts)
TinyLittleOne Tue 03-May-16 11:51:04

My iron has broken and I thought I would treat myself to a steam generator. I need to get one quick and I don't really know too much about them, or have much time to research them. I have had a quick look in Argos, John Lewis, Lakeland etc and have narrowed it down to these three:

Philips one

Bosch one

Tefal one

So which one would you go for and why? I am shortly moving to a house which has a water softener - should this have any bearing on picking a steam generator? Happy to consider others, although I don't my husband doesn't really want to spend over £200.

TIA flowers

Mcchickenbb41 Tue 03-May-16 12:53:31

Hi I have had two tefal ones in the last twelve years so can only base my opinion on said make. They are fantastic I would never go back to the other type of iron. The only downside to these irons are the are quite cumbersome and heavy but don't let that put you off. It will help u to get a bigger ironing board too. I can only think that having a water softener would be an advantage but google it if not sure. It's good that the house your moving to had one btw. I was quoted nearly £2000 last year for one.

Mcchickenbb41 Tue 03-May-16 12:56:43

Also mine as smart technology. If you can get that then do as it means it adjusts to the type of fabric your ironing on its own. Bloody brilliant !! Mines called a tefal express auto control. Hope that helps smile

TinyLittleOne Wed 04-May-16 11:20:31

I am definitely not put off by the fact that they are cumbersome Mcchick, the speed of getting through the ironing is going to win every time! I will see if I can find the Tefal Express Auto Control - thanks for the recommendation.

I didn't even give the water softener a second thought when the Estate Agent eagerly pointed it out, glad it's turned out to be such a bonus. smile

imip Wed 04-May-16 11:28:44

I have a Phillips,Mir is amazing. Whichever one you get, so make sure it's one that adjusts automatically to the fabric you're ironing as a pp mentions. It's a life saver!!!

Mcchickenbb41 Wed 04-May-16 12:07:02

Think this is a newer model to mine. Mine is burgundy and had it two years but had a quick read and they seem to do the same. But please double check wink currys were the cheapest X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now