Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ironing service prices.

(18 Posts)
joeythenutter Mon 02-May-16 16:32:39

Can someone with experience give me some advice about prices for an ironing service. I already work as a cleaner, domestic only, but want to do ironing with collection and delivery as well. Can someone advise on prices?

Which is better, by weight, by item or by the bag?

I was thinking £12 per black bag, delivered. Large local town is 3.5 mile away and was going to stick to that area only. I'm in it every day so fuel cost is no different.

My other question is how to keep it from getting creased taking them back. I am a fussy person, and like things to be perfect. I have read other older threads saying that clear cover bags sometimes leave clothes creased, so are not a good idea.

Any help would be great.

Blue2014 Mon 02-May-16 16:35:24

£12 sounds fair to me, I would pay that. Maybe return it in a box? I'm not sure

Floralnomad Mon 02-May-16 16:42:51

Our ironing lady collects and delivers , she charges per item , I think it's something like 70-90p depending on what it is , you have to pay a minimum £10 . She collects my mums in a wash basket and mine in an IKEA blue bag and all the folded stuff is returned in the same and the hanging stuff comes back with a plastic cover . We provide our own hangers . I wouldn't be keen to use a 'by the bag' or 'by the hour' service as I think it's too woolly .

joeythenutter Mon 02-May-16 16:51:33

How about kids, youths, adults.

Kids 30p, Youths 50p, Adults 75p.

Shirts/blouses 90p.

Would this be better, I think people would cheat on the bag size, i can't make up my mind which way is simplest.

Optimist1 Mon 02-May-16 17:28:54

£10 a bag is what I've been charged and I thought that was a bargain. With regard to how to return the ironed items, what about putting them in a laundry basket (the sort that you take washing out to the line in) to transport to your customers? Thinking on those lines, you could actually charge per laundry basket and take the client's basket with you, returning it with the beautiful ironing.

KP86 Mon 02-May-16 17:48:18

My local laundrette (naice area) charges £1 per adult item. I've never taken DC's clothes there so don't know what they would charge.

£5 for DH's work shirts is well worth it for us as our iron here is horrible and DH doesn't really like ironing anyway. I might send something of mine once in a blue moon.

Salene Mon 02-May-16 17:50:29

I pay £10 for 25 items

30 items of children's

Akire Mon 02-May-16 17:51:59

I'd charge per bag of kids stuff and price for adults. Bag of just kids t shirts and bottoms verses bag of all cotton school or work shirts is huge difference in the amount of work involved

ChicRock Mon 02-May-16 17:52:32

I pay 70p to £1.10 per item. Jeans, dresses and bedsheets are more expensive. We average about £15 a week for a big bag of clothes.

CupcakesRule Mon 02-May-16 17:54:37

We're £19 for 35 items which she collects and then returns the next day. Interestingly we always give her a £20 note and don't expect £1 change so probably done on purpose as I bet most let her have the £1.

Ratbagcatbag Mon 02-May-16 18:00:42

I pay £10 for a basket which includes around 5 work shirts, two to three work trousers, and about a dozen children's items. I drop off and collect and provide my own hangars. smile

Ratbagcatbag Mon 02-May-16 18:04:25

Some weeks we have much more though and it's still £10 per basket. smile

joeythenutter Mon 02-May-16 18:51:47

Right how about black bin bag of kids £8, black bin bag of adults £13.

I won't do bedding, I really don't get why people need their sheets and duvets ironed.

Floralnomad Mon 02-May-16 20:04:32

I wouldn't use our lady if she didn't do duvet covers !

Akire Mon 02-May-16 20:06:29

I have 100 percent cotton bedding I live in a flat with no tumble dryer or outdoor space it's end up looking awful it defiantly needs ironing! Different if double dry or got a line but not everyone has.

joeythenutter Mon 02-May-16 21:03:20

I get what use are saying but a duvet goes on the bed which then you lie in, so it gets creased anyway. Who is going to see it anyway.

I have decided on prices,

Black bag of kids clothes £8, max 30 items,
Black bag of adults £13, max 20 items,

Or half bag of each (15 kids 10 adults) £10.

ChicRock Mon 02-May-16 21:40:31

I also wouldn't use someone that didn't do bedding.

Denham1975 Sun 19-Mar-17 06:44:24

Hi , started doing my friends ironing for her , said I would do it as her friend but she insisted on paying me , so we came to an agreement of £20 for a large bag of adults and children's , t shirts , jeans etc it takes me about 2 hrs sometimes a little more , was talking to a work colleague about this and she asked if I would do hers , which I happily agreed , her ironing took me about 7 hrs yesterday : ( very creased shirts , about 18 plus jeans and a double duvet what would be the average price for this ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now