Talk

Advanced search

Washer/dryer?

(4 Posts)
sparkle789 Sun 01-May-16 16:39:02

I've decided to get a washer dryer because I'm sick of my kitchen being full of drying.
Can anyone recommend one? Budget is £400 max but a bit cheaper would be better.

rabbit123 Sun 01-May-16 19:18:34

I wouldn't get a washer/dryer at all. They're not very good. They tend to get very hot and shrink things as they only have a very small fan to circulate the air, whereas a seperate dryer has a much bigger fan so has better airflow and doesn't get as hot.

If you absolutely have to have a washer dryer, the good ones don't come cheap unfortunately. Bosch, AEG, Zanussi and Beko all get decent reviews whereas Hotpoint, Indesit and Hoover don't do so well.

ao.com/product/wdr7543121w-beko-washer-dryer-white-36592-2.aspx

dangermouseisace Sun 01-May-16 22:39:13

washer dryers are awful you can only dry about 2 things in them. If you look in a washing machine, and then a dryer that takes an equivalent amount of washing, you'll notice the drum of the dryer is A LOT bigger. And you can't wash anything in a washer/dryer while you drying and vice versa- that looks weird written but it makes sense.

I had a really small house with too many children and ended up putting a condensing tumble dryer in a cupboard (opening cupboard when it was on). After putting off buying a dryer for years due to eco worries I must admit I couldn't live without it now…blush I've got a Bosch one and it is great.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 02-May-16 11:51:02

I wouldn't, we had one & it was rubbish. It was £600 15 years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now