Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

how to organise videos taken on phone/camera etc

(5 Posts)
happyfeet2015 Wed 27-Apr-16 19:24:58

i read this website and i really like her approach but CDs seem to be on their way out. the only other option is to save to external hard drive but not sure how i would find videos in the future without trawling through an epic number. Any tips gratefully received. thanks

wowfudge Wed 27-Apr-16 20:51:27

Save stuff to the cloud and find a way of cataloging it so you can easily find it again?

BendydickCuminsnatch Wed 27-Apr-16 20:53:03

We use Amazon Photo and also have a separate cloud thing. Amazon photo app is really simple and reliable and quick, actually, and nicely organised so you can easily navigate back to a certain month (usually May 2015 when DS was born grin).

happyfeet2015 Wed 27-Apr-16 21:02:09

never heard of Amazon photo. do you feel it is safe for precious photos of little ones? i.e. not getting hacked?

BendydickCuminsnatch Wed 27-Apr-16 21:19:03

Just asked DH (he works in Internet security 😄)

He says a third of all internet users hit an Amazon server every day (they host a third of the Internet, in simplistic terms), and have our credit card details and spending habits already (if you're an Amazon shopper). So basically he's saying, if you're not happy with Amazon, nowhere's security is going to be better, so you're best using an external hard-drive, not an Internet-based thing smile hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now