Talk

Advanced search

How to clean a breville?

(11 Posts)
Afreshstartplease Sat 23-Apr-16 07:49:25

Any top tips on cleaning a breville sandwich maker? Especially one with baked on cheese?

I've previously binned about three of these and would like to avoid doing it again!

SoupDragon Sat 23-Apr-16 07:53:05

Bin it and buy one with removable plates.

Or, failing that, a small brush and something pointy like a skewer to get in the crevices. Provided you don't use a lot of water and are careful not to get it too wet it's fine. Although after I cleaned mine I binned it and bought one with removable plates!

Afreshstartplease Sat 23-Apr-16 07:56:52

Hmm

I have a grill brush I might give that a go

cozietoesie Sat 23-Apr-16 08:23:25

I have to say, I rather assumed they all came with removable plates? (I haven't got one but was considering purchase after reading some of that (Classics?) thread on sandwich maker recipes. smile)

Afreshstartplease Sat 23-Apr-16 08:24:32

It's not TBH the plates that I'm struggling with its where the cheese has leaked down the back around the hinges

cozietoesie Sat 23-Apr-16 08:32:37

Seeing it in my mind's eye, I'm afraid I can't think of an easy solution for that one - short of making cleaning it a 'project' one evening and then trying to ensure that users are ultra-careful.

Probably a doomed endeavour though. sad (The 'user-education' bit. )

SoupDragon Sat 23-Apr-16 08:33:53

I think a grill brush would be too harsh.

SoupDragon Sat 23-Apr-16 08:35:44

My new Waring with removable plates seems to not have as many crevices as the ancient breville and has deeper "dishes" so less leaks anyway

cozietoesie Sat 23-Apr-16 08:40:02

Maybe someone on that Classics thread came up with a 'leaks' solution in passing? (It's a long thread.)

I'll try to find it and link it.

cozietoesie Sat 23-Apr-16 08:46:34

This is the one - I think. smile

GruffaloMoggy Sat 23-Apr-16 08:50:13

I use the Breville sandwich press, just 1 flat plate. Its so easy to wipe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now