Talk

Advanced search

How do you clean the top of your radiators?

(14 Posts)
ScarletOHaHa Sat 16-Apr-16 22:14:55

Most boring Saturday night ever.

I have been decluttering and cleaning so we can get ready to move. My hoover doesn't get the dust behind the grill at the top of the radiator. I can't take them apart, any ideas please?

BertieBotts Sat 16-Apr-16 22:16:51

Er, I don't. I just leave it. I did when we moved as well.

janethegirl2 Sat 16-Apr-16 22:19:30

I leave all dust well alone.

MrsBungle Sat 16-Apr-16 22:20:09

I baby wipe them. I baby wipe everything.

southeastastra Sat 16-Apr-16 22:21:34

You can buy long brushes esp for this usually from those shops that have all the plastic boxes out front

ScarletOHaHa Sat 16-Apr-16 22:30:38

I'm not cleaning them now (in my defence).

I can't see how a brush would reach. It's the dust under the top grill that is doing my head in.

magimedi Sat 16-Apr-16 22:33:36

Hairdryer on cold setting shifts the dust.

BertieBotts Sat 16-Apr-16 22:36:27

I think all radiators in the world have that though and I don't know of any way to clean it. You can't see it unless you stand over it and stare in.

Mishaps Sat 16-Apr-16 22:37:06

Oh for goodness sake - life is just too short!

sleeplessbunny Sat 16-Apr-16 22:39:06

You can take the grill off usually. On mine you have to take the side panels off first,then the grill comes off. It all just clips together.

ScarletOHaHa Sat 16-Apr-16 22:42:12

Hairdryer! Thanks Magimedi flowers

I'm well aware how boring this is. It drives me nuts though. The oven is an absolute show and I don't give a shit.

sleeplessbunny Sat 16-Apr-16 22:42:23

But I agree life is too short. I only dissemble my radiators when dc post things inside. Things I need like credit cards, thanks ds.

MrsJayy Sat 16-Apr-16 22:47:15

Can you not hover the hoover connection doodah over it I use the brush thing i also baby wipe them so dust collects and doesnt fall through

ScarletOHaHa Sat 16-Apr-16 23:00:35

Omg the grills on the large radiators are ...
R e m o v a b l e.blush I didn't even have to take the side panel off.

The small ones don't and the hoover attachment is too bit to fit. If the dryer doesn't work, I'm going to sellotape a toilet roll tube onto the vacuum nozzle.

I tried the steam cleaner today. The room smells musty and I'm hoping that's why.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now