Talk

Advanced search

Indesit tumble dryer dead after hotpoint fix

(3 Posts)
DingbatsFur Sat 16-Apr-16 15:42:48

Hi Folks,
Our Indesit dryer was one of the ones recalled. I registered it and a month ago a repair man came out and performed the repair. He also did other things to it as part of general maintenance and assured us the dryer had a lot of life left in it, especially after his maintenance work.
Tumble dryer has now broken. Drum is not turning.
I'm peeved. It was working perfectly well before. I've clicked through and bought one of their advertised replacement tumble dryers at a discounted price with the hope that either they will give me a new discounted dryer or call me and ask why I ordered a new dryer.
Grrr

StillRunningWithScissors Sun 12-Jun-16 13:45:18

Hope you get the replacement machine.

They've been absolutely rubbish with this recall.

After chasing them a LOT, I've finally had my repair date through. I registered in November.

I pointedly asked about people having their machines break down after the repair, and was told that there is a three month warranty for after the repair. Not sure I trust that advice.

I also noticed the replacement dryers only have s one year warranty. Not bad if you can get a £45 vented unit, but with the £99 condenser option (our only option), I'm thinking of looking at others brands to replace this one when it most likely dies.

Good luck

wowfudge Sun 12-Jun-16 23:39:47

Contact them via social media to complain. They are not the speediest at replying, but they do get back to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now