Talk

Advanced search

Oven cleaning using bicarb

(5 Posts)
Woodhill Sat 16-Apr-16 10:17:55

I need to clean my oven and of course it is raining. My guinea pig is in the kitchen (house pig) and I don't want her inhaling fumes etc or me.

I've seen a bicarb, vinegar paste thing on facebook. does this work? I would love to use ovenmate as it is in the cupboard.

Otherwise shall I just forget it?

thanks

Curlybrunette Wed 20-Apr-16 13:07:10

This message was days ago so probably too late for you now but I saw the bicarb/vinegar thing on facebook and it looked so amazing so I gave it a go, tbh it didn't look any better than if I'd have used my normal kitchen cleaner on it.

We moved house last week and my new oven is perfect looking so I did actually do the bicarc thing again yesterday after I'd cooked chicken the night before that I think spat a bit. I figured maybe if I did the bicarb thing weekly more likely to be quarterly then I might keep on top of it?

Would be interested to see if anyone else has had a good result with the bicarb/vinegar

diamond457 Wed 04-May-16 12:24:33

I tried it the other day it didn't work. Plain hot water and vinegar worked better tbh.

storybrooke Wed 04-May-16 17:03:28

I thought you put the white vinegar in a bowl in the oven on for 20 minutes and the ickiness just wiped off when it cooled?

Bicarb and vinegar cancel each other out, ones acid and one alkaline so I wouldn't have expected that to work tbh. I'm not a scientist I read it on Pinterest

wowfudge Thu 05-May-16 20:21:06

I just use Oven Pride. Life is too short for faffing about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now