Talk

Advanced search

Need a new Hoover - advice please!

(9 Posts)
SmallBee Wed 13-Apr-16 11:22:40

We never have much luck with hoovers, they always break down on us.
Our current one only works once my DH 'fixes' it then it stops working again after one or two uses. He is determined not to buy a new one but to keep fixing this one but it's getting ridiculous now and I am going to buy a new one.

I know very little about hoovers so I was hoping for some advice on a MN tried and tested one I can use? We have a four bed house to clean with a toddler and baby on the way. I have long hair so it needs to be able to deal with that.
Any advice or recommendations would be really appreciated please smile

Lifeisgreaterthandeath Wed 13-Apr-16 11:25:08

Henry. Solid as fuck, steel hoses, very easy to get spares. Its the only vac I've had longer than a year, and I've had it for six or so now. Very good, and super long cord is brilliant too

SquirrelledAway Wed 13-Apr-16 13:40:24

I'd always recommend a Miele, they last for ages too.

pinocchiosnose Wed 13-Apr-16 13:43:46

I just got my first Henry and I love him . My house has never been so clean . My last hoover was dreadful

MrsMarigold Wed 13-Apr-16 13:45:42

Miele - proper suction.

KoalaDownUnder Wed 13-Apr-16 13:47:40

Dyson V6 animal - cordless star

joeythenutter Wed 13-Apr-16 15:58:03

I would recommend a Henry too, I work as a cleaner and have used several different brands. Nothing beats a Henry.

rabbit123 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:22:13

Sounds like you've got quite a lot of space to clean. What type of flooding do you have? Cylinders like Henry & Miele are great if you have a lot of different floor types. If you've got more carpets or if you prefer uprights, look at Sebo uprights. Ours is over 20 years old and has never gone wrong. It's out-cleaned a Dyson and a Miele.

Yellowaveo59 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:28:06

I have waist length hair. I purchased the airbrush to go on my Henry what an amazing bit of kit. Henry is so robust. I want a Hetty as she's soooo pretty but DH husband says no as there's nothing wrong with Henry I've "accidentally" knocked him down the stairs, sucked up things I shouldn't and he just sits there gaily smirking at me. I WANT A HETTY!!!

There is also a hairdbrush which is for pet hair.

I think for the money it's brilliant. They must do a good job as cleaners always use them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now