Talk

Advanced search

Can you put a hot pan from the oven onto an induction hob?

(10 Posts)
whyismynicknameinvalid Sat 09-Apr-16 19:53:09

Hi! I'm looking at getting an induction hob with an oven beneath. Can you take hot pans out of the oven and put them on the hob (i.e. use it as a heat resistant work surface)? Have had conflicting advice! Thanks!

Sanibel09 Sat 09-Apr-16 22:12:26

I thought you could, but you can't. It left a mark on mine

RandomMess Sat 09-Apr-16 22:15:13

Hmm I would have said yes, but maybe not after all! You do need to ensure that the glass is clean before you use it for cooking normally otherwise it will mark although I've managed to use Bar Keeper Friend to get pretty much everything off ours.

You can't put anything on the control panel otherwise it beeps at you.

whyismynicknameinvalid Sun 10-Apr-16 08:04:58

Thanks, Sanibel and Random ... will bear in mind!

Lucked Sun 10-Apr-16 08:07:14

i lift pans out and place them on the hob all the time without problem.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 10-Apr-16 23:12:25

Yeah, no problems here either.

Sanibel09 Sun 10-Apr-16 23:23:59

Must just be my AEG one then. It is only a very faint mark, but I can see it.

CointreauVersial Sun 10-Apr-16 23:26:41

Yes, of course.

The hob heats the base of a saucepan to quite a high temperature, so a dish from the oven won't be any hotter.

It's heatproof glass.

I would sooner put a hot pan on the hob rather than on the granite (which can crack).

Lucked Sun 10-Apr-16 23:28:21

Roast chicken came out the oven straight onto the job tonight with no problems although this thread made me hesitate for a half second but there was no where else to put it. I have a rangemaster.

NannyR Tue 12-Apr-16 09:32:28

I've never risked it although logically there doesn't seem to be a reason why you shouldn't. I have a couple of circular cork heatproof mats (ikea) that I put hot pans and dishes on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now