Too many cleaning products, not enough cleaning!

(6 Posts)
AlisonWunderland Thu 07-Apr-16 21:17:18

My cleaning product cupboards (yes, there is more than one) are stuffed full of stuff, but Aggie MacKenzie I'm not!
I hate cleaning so buy stuff to help but frankly it's not going to work just sitting in the cupboard!

I'm sure I don't need so many products so please help me prune the cupboards down to multipurpose products that work.

My requirements-
We have a carpet in bedrooms, vinyl in bathrooms, ceramic tiles in kitchen, Wood parquet in hall.
No pets.
Both DH and I have very dry skin which is where I think all the dust comes from!

I'm not the type to create my own products from vinegar and soda crystals!

Thanks for your suggestions of "must have" products

TomTomKitten Thu 07-Apr-16 22:30:59

You've probably got a lot of dust because you're not cleaning not because you both have dry skin!

Do not buy another cleaning product until you use what is in the cupboard.

If you use e-cloths and 'wet dust' along with hoovering at least once a week you shouldn't have a lot of dust. Much easier to whizz through the house regularly than let it build up.

AlisonWunderland Fri 08-Apr-16 08:53:15

Thanks for your comment Tom Tom, even though it's not actually what I asked.
Yes, I am aware that dust needs to be dusted.

I'm not planning on buying more stuff,, rather prune down what I've already got

Artandco Fri 08-Apr-16 09:01:47

I would just use them all up by using in cleaning rather than throwing away. Once down you can work out which ones you prefer and in future just buy those few

I like Method cleaning products as not so toxic. We do also just use hot water/ reusable cloths/ white vinegar

NannyR Fri 08-Apr-16 09:06:06

I have a couple of spray bottles that I fill with water, a splash of zoflora and a splash of stardrops (concentrated multi purpose cleaner). I use that with a micro fibre cloth for pretty much all the cleaning and dusting. I use the stardrops for washing the floor and I buy the cheapest cream cleaner for doing the kitchen and bathroom sinks.

P1nkP0ppy Sun 10-Apr-16 17:38:43

You're not the only one op......I have far too many different products and a stash that should last a couple of years
I'm trying to use it all up before buying anything else 😳

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now