Talk

Advanced search

How do i clean soap scum off of bathroom mirror?

(11 Posts)
nickwilkinson Tue 05-Apr-16 12:23:50

Hi,

The mirror in my bathroom that i shave in front of has thick layer of soap scum and i need help getting rid of it. I have tried wiping it down with a damp cloth but that doesn't seem to help?

Thanks

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Tue 05-Apr-16 12:25:50

Washing up liquid will get rid of the scum, then clean normally.

Hinkypunk Tue 05-Apr-16 18:00:47

I use window cleaner, works a treat.

DanglyEarOrnaments Tue 05-Apr-16 21:48:26

Try washing down with a bowl of hot soapy water (soapy with dish soap like fairy not soap of course) but add a generous dash of vinegar to breakdown the soap scum.

The acid in the vinegar breaks down the alkali soap scum.

Out2pasture Tue 05-Apr-16 21:55:59

I've been using automotive windshield wash (the one without the bug solution). it's cost effective, and works on glass, mirrors, and laminated flooring.
it was recommended to me by a professional cleaner

rabbit123 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:17:06

White vinegar diluted and wiped off with a cloth - but some elbow grease into it. Then buff it up with some scrunched up newspaper to get rid of any streaks

KP86 Tue 05-Apr-16 22:26:30

A green scratcher sponge used lightly with soapy water, or even better, creme cleanser, will cut through the soap scum.

Daily use of a rubber squeegee to keep water and steam from staying on the glass will keep it cleaner a lot longer.

goingtotown Thu 07-Apr-16 18:20:07

nick is this a windup, why is it a 'thick' layer of soap scum.Don't you clean.

goingtotown Thu 07-Apr-16 18:21:26

Don't you clean.

JonathanSmith78 Fri 08-Apr-16 07:22:54

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TurnOffTheTv Fri 08-Apr-16 07:32:36

Ah, now it becomes clear why Nick posted! To help his friend Jonathan promote his squeegee...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now