Talk

Advanced search

Washing machine advice

(8 Posts)
Ain626 Sun 27-Mar-16 15:44:20

We are in the market for a new washing machine, anyone have any recommendations?

Key things we want:
- Larger drum - our current one is 6kg - preferably one large enough to wash our king size duvet in, but I'm happy to continue to use the laundrette for that if need be.
- Option for a quick cycle
- Several washing machines that I've looked at automatically detect weight and adjust amount of water accordingly - that would be good as economical.
- A display that says how much time is left on the wash

Our dishwasher is a silver Bosch, would like to match in terms of colour, but not essential.

Thanks everyone!

rabbit123 Tue 29-Mar-16 08:39:24

Have a look at Beko. We had one before our current washer, it was great. They're the only brand that has a quick wash capable of washing a full load at any temperature with a full spin, all other quick washes are only for half loads with a short spin.

This one is 9kg

ao.com/product/wmb91233lw-beko-washing-machine-white-37729-1.aspx

FastForward2 Wed 30-Mar-16 08:54:12

If you get one with a larger drum dont assume you can stuff it. The bearings are not strong enough for the extra weight.
My bosch has 9kg drum and the bearings broke in a few months because I think I put too many towels in. They replaced the whole machine under guarantee as cheaper than repair. Now it has gone again about a year later, although I have avoided overloading it. e.g. It will only take about 3 or 4 towels.
I googled this and appparently it is also a problem with hotpoint not just bosch.
I am thinking of going back to one with smaller drum!

theelephantknownasnell Fri 01-Apr-16 19:59:14

I've recently got a Samsung ecobubble, mines a 7kg but they do a 9kg drum to. It comes in a graphite chrome colour, weighs your washing and adjusts the water and wash time accordingly, the timer which displays time till end of wash is also accurate.

MyLlamasGoneBananas Fri 01-Apr-16 20:05:23

I have a 9kg Indesit. Which I'm very happy with. But I do miss my old Beko. Best washer I've ever had and cheap.

dementedpixie Fri 01-Apr-16 20:06:19

I have just had to get my Samsung ecobubble fixed at just under 2 years old as the bearings went. It is the 9kg drum one. It was still under guarantee plus I have extended it to 5 years as that was the offer when I bought it.

theelephantknownasnell Fri 01-Apr-16 20:09:20

Can only find the model number for the 7kg WF70F5E2W4X

dementedpixie Fri 01-Apr-16 20:14:22

Depends on your budget too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now