Talk

Advanced search

Kitchen towels

(15 Posts)
NNat Sat 26-Mar-16 17:02:15

Can you recommend some which could last for at least a day? My ones get too wet after only a couple of uses so when cooking a few meals a day I need to replace 3-4 of them

wowfudge Sat 26-Mar-16 18:29:33

When you say kitchen towels, do you mean hand towels, tea towels or something else?

BackforGood Sat 26-Mar-16 18:32:32

What are you using them for? confused
My kitchen towel will last a week, easily.
Where do you hang it / air it in between use?

NNat Sat 26-Mar-16 21:48:32

wowfudge hand towels

BackforGood Last a week??? confused when I cook I constantly wash something and use towel to dry my hands, so many times during process. After a few times towel gets too wet and no time to dry out before next use. I have towel rail next to back splash and close to window, but this doesn't help.

I was thinking of some magic quick dry all absorbing ones, but not sure they exist... or it's only me having this issue?

TheLesserSpottedBee Sat 26-Mar-16 22:53:39

I have both tea towels and hand towels. If you just use tea towels they are not as absorbent as a fluffy hand towel.

I wash mine once a week but I change them daily or more if needed. So just have more than you require. Dh is OCD hand washer. Hence why we have lots.

Mine go in the wash together with nothing else.

NNat Sat 26-Mar-16 22:57:49

TheLesserSpottedBee, that's what I do now - changing and changing and changing again... and I'm like your DH grin
I remember seeing something like "professional cook towel" promising all the joy in this world, but can't remember where is was and google didn't help

wowfudge Sun 27-Mar-16 10:37:14

Okay - I buy ordinary hand towels for hand drying in the kitchen. Like you, I wash my hands a lots while cooking. I just get a second towel out as necessary and stick the wet one over the radiator or bung it in the tumble dryer for a while.

wowfudge Sun 27-Mar-16 10:42:29

I always wash towels together at a high temp on their own. No fabric conditioner - it makes them less absorbent.

BackforGood Sun 27-Mar-16 22:57:13

Like wowfudge, if the towel feels damp, then I'd put it on the radiator for a bit. Your hands are clean by the time they touch the towel, presumably even more so if you are washing your hands every 5minutes.

FrikkaDilla Tue 29-Mar-16 05:24:57

My kitchen towels are always in use too and I guess I change daily or every second day. I buy lots of these small towels - cheap and small (small is best, big wet ones lying about aren't nice). They go in to the laundry room to wait for a towel wash.

www.hemashop.com/gb/shop?fh_location=%2F%2Fgbhema%2Fen_GB%2F%24s%3DTOWELS&fh_sort=pgb_stockavailability%2C-_match_rate&fh_modification=&fh_secondid=pgb_99001389

FrikkaDilla Tue 29-Mar-16 05:25:34

Mmm my link didn't go to the small hand towels. I think they cost £1.50.

Depends on the fabric, if they are more linen then they don't absorb any moisture, I love thick ones, get them from wilkinson and are a couple of pounds for 3 and in many colours, I like mine to match my kitchen.

These are what I mean...

OliviaStabler Sun 03-Apr-16 09:07:43

I have a hand towel and a tea towel in the kitchen. My towels get vey wet as well but I tend to have two on the go at one time, one airing or over the radiator and one in use.

libbylit Tue 05-Apr-16 11:48:56

Try can have a look at Hilden's kitchen section - www.hilden.co.uk/other-items/kitchen-linen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now