Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How to get school polo shirts white again

(11 Posts)
SquirrelFruitandNutkin Wed 23-Mar-16 21:41:24

The dcs are very liberal with their application of paint, pen, ketchup, food etc on their school clothes.

Their plain white polos are not what they were. I don't want to buy new ones they're going to get sun cream on them no doubt so how do I whiten them?

Bleach?
Soaking in something?

Help!

Awholelottanosy Wed 23-Mar-16 21:44:23

Try soaking in Napisan in cold water for 2 hours before washing. It's the only thing that has worked for me in getting blood off white sheets and other stains so should work. Can get it in Wilkos ( learnt about it on here tho of course!)

BoboChic Thu 24-Mar-16 06:36:19

Wash them very hot with lots of Vanish and Ariel.

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Thu 24-Mar-16 06:37:51

As well as soaking them in stain remover, line dry them, the sun bleaches out tomato based stains.

ScoutsMam Thu 24-Mar-16 09:33:51

I used to use sterident tablets before a good wash and line dry.

teenytinyshells Thu 24-Mar-16 13:44:18

I read on another post that Lemon juice is supposedly good. I keep meaning to try it myself.

FellOutOfBedTwice Thu 24-Mar-16 13:46:22

If they're entirely white just soak them in a bucket with a liberal squirt of bleach overnight and then wash as normal.

SquirrelFruitandNutkin Thu 24-Mar-16 19:27:16

Brill loads to try! 😄

They're just plain white sainsburys polos - not £ to replace but feels very wasteful for the last 2 terms.

I'd relax and learn to love the stains. Trying to keep school shirts white? That way madness lies!

goingtotown Fri 25-Mar-16 01:17:42

brill Sainsbury's have got 25%off all their Clothing ends Monday.

ChishandFips33 Mon 28-Mar-16 01:34:04

I've just used soda crystals - soaked a load of polo shirts in near boiling water/crystals about an hour before washing. Much whiter than before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now