Talk

Advanced search

If you have a cordless vacuum cleaner do you have a normal one as well?

(13 Posts)
Batladyandrose Wed 23-Mar-16 13:04:49

We have the Numatic version of the Henry which I hate...sorry Henry lovers, I used to love him too but he gets on my nerves now!

I could do with keeping the Henry as I like to hoover up the ash from the fire place occasional (lazy lazy lazy, I should use an ash bucket and a dustpan).

Could I mange day to day with a cordless? The Henry could just come out once a week or so... I was going to bin the henry and get a Miele but I'm worried the ash would wreck it.

firesidechat Wed 23-Mar-16 13:07:23

We've just bought a cordless Dyson and it is easily powerful enough to use as the main vacuum. We have kept the old Miele because we are having building work soon and don't want to wreck the Dyson.

rabbit123 Wed 23-Mar-16 19:39:17

I didn't find the charge lasted long enough or the suction was strong enough for a full clean with the cordless vacs, so would recommend keeping a proper vacuum alongside the cordless

willfuckformichilenstarfood Wed 23-Mar-16 19:51:54

I have a cordless and it's all I use, my DH is a painter & decorator so every so often I bring his Hoover in and give the house a good going over. X

Philoslothy Wed 23-Mar-16 21:21:39

We got rid of our corded ones, we have the dyson one. I do have one for upstairs and one for downstairs though so if one runs out I can grab the other.

Dexterjamesmummy Wed 23-Mar-16 21:24:08

I have a small cordless Bissell, not as powerful as my corded vac but so much easier to use and this encourages me to use it much more often. I think if I had a better one I'd get rid of my cordless.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Wed 23-Mar-16 22:29:29

We have a cordless Dyson, it is fantastic, however Henry does come out when I'm having a blitz, not often but I couldn't do without him.
(Usually I'm pleased when the 15/20 min charge runs out on Dyson - I've had enough by then).

Batladyandrose Thu 24-Mar-16 14:56:12

Thank you, all very helpful. Interesting that you've had enough of your Dyson after 15 minuets or so lifeisbetter. There seem to be loads of Easter deals about so I will no doubt get one at the weekend.

firesidechat Thu 24-Mar-16 15:08:51

If you're getting a cordless Dyson get one with the fluffy head for hard floors. The earlier ones didn't have this and they just pushed dirt around on hard surfaces. The V6 Total Clean and the V6 fluffy have the special cleaner head for hard floors. We have the Total Clean.

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Fri 25-Mar-16 22:40:45

The charge runs out after 15/20 mins

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Sat 26-Mar-16 12:53:19

We got rid of the corded one a couple of years ago after getting the cordless Dyson, haven't missed it at all.

Tequilamockinbird Sat 26-Mar-16 13:03:01

I have had a cordless Dyson for about 18 months and my old corded Dyson has been sat unused in the garage ever since!

Peasandsweetcorn Sat 26-Mar-16 19:10:52

We have both but have a 5 bed house & I do like to be able to go over through the whole house sometimes. The cordless one is downstairs & I use it most days. The Henry is upstairs & used once a week or so.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now