Advanced search

odd vacuum attachment question...

(4 Posts)
lovefairylights Mon 21-Mar-16 16:28:13

So we have a problem with my DP's sock fluff - it gets everywhere on the carpet and particularly on the stairs.
What bloody attachment do I need to get for my vacuum to stop the swearing that happens every time I hoover? Its just on the stairs that I want to throw my vacuum/dp and his socks off a cliff as in the rooms the vacuum with no attachments is fine.
I have a rectangular brush and a round headed brush that I put on the end of the hose but they rarely work so I seem to have to take them off for each bit off fluff and just use the hose on its own and its a bloody pain...
Anyone can understand what I've tried to explain and got a good attachment they use on the end of the hose for their stairs that I can go out and purchase before the next time I need to do those bloody stairs again?

unlucky83 Mon 21-Mar-16 16:42:28

Get a new DP? Make him change his socks? Make him wear slippers? Make him hoover the stairs?
Seriously you need something with a rotating brush probably. Like this
but different vacuums have different size tubes -usually depended on make. You could try and measure the diameter but it is mms difference - probably best to look at the spec of yours or for new heads specifically for yours -and it usually will say and if you are really struggling you can get adapter things..32mm -36mm etc (I have one for a Vax head to a Miele tube and it works ok)

rabbit123 Mon 21-Mar-16 17:32:01

we bought one for Henry 32mm for cleaning the car - the normal one just didn't cut it. It's a qualtex tool and was about £2.50 on ebay. It has velor strips on either side that grab fluff and pet hair. Works really well

girlsnamedilemma Wed 23-Mar-16 07:25:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now