Talk

Advanced search

new hoover needed!

(9 Posts)
decisionsdecisions123 Fri 18-Mar-16 18:49:41

Hi

Just looking for some hoover recommendations. I have an upright Samsung at the moment but it doesn't pick up very well so it takes me ages to hoover using the hose attachment. I am looking for a hoover that's good on carpets mostly, any suggestions please?

OliviaBenson Fri 18-Mar-16 18:53:09

Bosch athlet - it's cordless and I love it! Good reviews by Which? too.

IreallyKNOWiamright Fri 01-Apr-16 20:35:51

I have a vax and love it.

Grumpyoldblonde Sat 02-Apr-16 10:01:07

I also have a Vax, the pet hair one, and it is really powerful with a good range of attacments. I like Vax as they have really long cords on their products and if you look on their website often have great offers.

NicknameUsed Sat 02-Apr-16 10:08:00

I have a Sebo X1.1 and am really pleased with it.

It is relatively quiet, picks up well and doesn't chew up my carpets. I always buy my vacuums from a company who sell cleaning equipment and they have always advised me to stay away from Dyson as they tend to wreck carpets (and they get a lot in for repairs)

Lovewatchingrainfall Sat 02-Apr-16 10:18:51

I have a vax air and it's amazing. Has such a strong suction and has a whopping 10meter cable I live in a 2 bed flat and can do the whole flat plugged into the same outlet.

MythologicalPersonage Sat 02-Apr-16 10:30:27

I love my Numatic Henry. All my previous vacuum cleaners only lasted 6 months. I've now had this for 4 1/2 years and have not had any issues at all.

rabbit123 Sat 02-Apr-16 13:25:29

Another vote for Sebo! Ours is a 20 year old hand-me-down and its one of the best vacuums I've used. The only thing better is my parents Kirby, but that cost over £1000 new (they've had it since the late 80's though).

I would get the Sebo X4 as it comes with a long hose to reach all the way up the stairs.

rabbit123 Sat 02-Apr-16 13:28:27

Here you go.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00NSLXZRI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1459599988&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=sebo+x4&dpPl=1&dpID=31bF4T7LLvL&ref=plSrch

Like I said, ours is 20 odd years old, passed down to by my MIL who upgraded to a newer model. Only thing it's ever needed is a new filter. It's bagged, but the bags are huge and last about 5 months at a time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now