Talk

Advanced search

Condenser Dryer

(8 Posts)
Buglife Tue 15-Mar-16 15:06:37

So I've got one of the Hotpoint dodgy dryers and my estimated repair date is January 2017... Excellent. They are offering to replace with a condenser dryer at a cost of £99 though if you want a new one. I'm tempted to so I can put it somewhere else and also because it's 8kg and has more settings than mine like a timer you can set to start at a certain time and a sensor that stops it when the clothes are dry. But do clothes take longer to dry in a condenser dryer? I know I'll rarely use it in the summer but when I do it'll be for things that need to be dried fast.

kimlo Tue 15-Mar-16 16:14:01

No they dont take longer. I love mine.

TwoWeeksInCyprus Tue 15-Mar-16 16:24:29

The condenser dryers I've used have seemed a lot slower than vented. I wouldn't get one.

Thunderblunder Tue 15-Mar-16 16:26:54

I bought a new condenser dryer last month after having vented for my last 2 dryers. My condenser dries much quicker than the vented ones that I've had previously.

DamsenBerry Mon 21-Mar-16 08:23:42

I love mine. I'd definitely get it!

Thankfulforeveryday Mon 21-Mar-16 08:38:38

I hate mine. It's shite! It takes forever!

JapanNextYear Mon 21-Mar-16 08:42:42

Ours is crap, only works if clothes are practically dry already. Takes forever. It's a hot point one.

AwakeCantSleep Mon 21-Mar-16 08:48:24

I love my condenser dryer. It works very well. It wasn't expensive either. It's a Zanussi, ca 4 years old now. Has never let me down. The water from the condenser is great for the steam iron but then I hardly ever iron so I use it for watering plants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now